Stupuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I developed a problem today. my engine light came on. I used my scan tool and it says that my truck is misfiring on #4 and #9 and due to that it's running rich. Solutions? I thought that 4 and 9 share a coil and it's fubar or the plug wires might be loose. what is the cylinder diagram or the numbers for each?

Please people, I really need help here. I just bought this truck off of Brad to replace the last one totalled by a deer. aswell, I have a car show on Thursday and Saturday.

Didn't see if this was asked...

Have you washed the engine bay recently?

I developed a problem today. my engine light came on. I used my scan tool and it says that my truck is misfiring on #4 and #9 and due to that it's running rich. Solutions? I thought that 4 and 9 share a coil and it's fubar or the plug wires might be loose. what is the cylinder diagram or the numbers for each?

when did you develop this issue - when you 1st got the truck ? or after drive time... and what have you done to the truck since you got it

i would ck to see if any of the wires are damaged / burnt "you never know"

most likey it the plugs and wires - but look over you engine bay ck everthing

Pull those two plugs and check'em. Also, at night, take a spray bottle with water. Spray the wires real good and then start the truck. See if there is any arching between wires. It shouldn't be a hard problem to figure out. These engines are pretty basic.

Damn man... hate to see this. As I just told you on the phone...

The only problem I had similar to this is when I got the VEC wet while washing the truck, but you haven't washed it(make sure you cover that thing up with some towels when you do wash it). With it running way lean at first, now pig rich and saying it's misfiring on 2 cylinders... I'd say it's gotta be something with the VEC:dontknow: or something that's tied in with the VEC causing it to go crazy.

You said you're getting spark, so it's not plugs/wires. Anybody more knowledgeable than I have any other ideas??? Gotta get this fixed so he can enjoy the truck, and so I don't feel like an asshole.

She ran Rich with 2 misfires, and now runs lean on Bank #1. She's got spark and the wires look fine.

could the O2 sensors be actin up????

is that the only thing that controls lean/rich conditions?????

if you are absolutly sure the plugs are good, then swap around a couple injectors see if the problem moves, if it dont move, change the plugs anyway to be double sure, ohm the wires, from there its internal, best thing is to take it to a tech, have them diagnose,

lean condition possible vac leak look at your fuel trims i assume since you know that the o2 are going lean look to see i if its adding or taking away fuel. Swap the plug wire to see if the miss fire moves if plugs and wire are good as was said above look at the injectors with the right scan tool you should b able to drop cyliners manualy also. Also are the plugs wet ??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back