My truck used 7 Qts in 4000 miles??????

SGTFRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all got a ? I run 10-30 royal purple and a qt of lucas syn. The truck was doin good,,,, oil preasure dropped while driving. checke the oil,,,, not on stick,,, went to parts store it took 7 qts to fill!!!! Heres the thing though theres no leak! I had my boy follow me and under all manner of throttle theres no smoke! No oil spots on the trk,,, Nuthin! What gives?????:confused:

these motors do consume oil, but thats alot...

you went 4,000 miles on your oil? i must have OCD, i change every 2,500 miles. (and it usually consumes 1.5 qts)

my black truck did the same shit only did it once never knew why. make sure you check the cooler lines as well

yeah mines been burning a quart every 500 miles... going to be looking into this within the next couple of months.

Somewhat "normal" especially with a lot of spirited around town driving. I suggest checking it with every 3 or 4 stops at the gas station until you figure out a decent interval.

My truck used about a quart in between each oil change (3000 miles). I could never figure it out until last change. I noticed the area around the cooler lines on the block FINALLY started to show some evidence of leakage. I had the lines replaced under warranty a few weeks ago and oil level appears good so far and I've done a couple of 300-400 mile trips. I THINK the lines were the source of my issues....

Like someone already posted, check your oil line and cooler line, they are notorious for being crappy. I just bought a pair of braided lines from Stink, you might want to make that investment as well. ;)

I had a customer with an 04 rc with about 24,000 on it and we did an oil consumption test for him and he was losing around 1.5qts in around 800 miles, but because we do not have a Viper tech here to work on it we had to send him to another dealer, and i think his extended warranty replaced the block:dontknow:

For most manufactures a qt every 500 miles or so is still 'acceptable'. A bit much in my book. With 82K miles on mine oil is at the same level at normal oil change intervals....every 3000 miles. (knocking on wood!) :rock:

Thanks all,,,,, It just got me real worried!!! iv'e never seen an engineuse this much!

seems like a lot of oil used for me. i guess this means oil change every 3k. DONT SKIP IT.

my oil lines are not leaking. this is something going on internally or with the pcv system.

REOMOTORS said:
My truck used about a quart in between each oil change (3000 miles). I could never figure it out until last change. I noticed the area around the cooler lines on the block FINALLY started to show some evidence of leakage. I had the lines replaced under warranty a few weeks ago and oil level appears good so far and I've done a couple of 300-400 mile trips. I THINK the lines were the source of my issues....

Thats why i just got these from Stinker...i went through 3 stock sets of oil cooler lines, these will fix the problem.

oil-lines.jpg

means you only had 2 qts of oil in your motor. sounds like a big problem to me.

Oil eating gerbils have entered your engine.....change the oil every 3000 miles to avoid the problem and get Stinkers oil lines..;)---do you have a catch can....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back