NA engine meth. injection

RUFROZN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this particular mod have a great benifit to a NA engine? or is it more suited to supercharged engines? any input? i am curious and would like some newer feedback on this. :dontknow:
Patrick

It does have its benefits, especially in the summer. The water/meth injection will cool the intake temp thus generating better performance and a bit more power. Its been talked about somewhere in these forums. Not sure what kind of performances increases you can get NA, but I gained around 35 rwhp and a few pounds of toruqe with my Paxton setup.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
It does have its benefits, especially in the summer. The water/meth injection will cool the intake temp thus generating better performance and a bit more power. Its been talked about somewhere in these forums. Not sure what kind of performances increases you can get NA, but I gained around 35 rwhp and a few pounds of toruqe with my Paxton setup.

Prof did this with good results when he was N.A. Maybe contact him.

These manifolds get so hot, especially engines running without a flash, that it sure couldn't hurt to do anything to cool the intake charge down a bit. It is costly doing it with a VECIII to control the sprayer. An on-the-cheap system could be built with some kind of pressurized container and a simple switch, I suppose.

Ron

Last edited:
I have talked to Joe and PBJ about it a couple of times for my truck. He told me both times not to waste my time or money, it wouldn't be worth it. :dontknow:

The biggest gains are in the hotter temps, where the meth can reduce the intake temp, thus more O2 it can hold. So if you are driving it most of the time in Florida, it will be a good mod for a NA eng. It isn't going to make the temp of the intake any colder than it is outside, so if you are already driving in colder wx, the gains may be limited. However, you can still advance the timing with the meth.

meth is like octane boost....it only adds power if you tune for it.....you could go with a more agressive tune....add the meth and pick up some cheap power...

I concur with what Bone and Nowwhat have said.

In Florida I added the meth when I was normally aspirated to help cool the intake but did not expect an hp increase just an attempt to decrease the negative effects of heat soak in the hot Florida Temps...and I also was well down the road in preparing for the Roe SC, but Sean was still in development and not ready to install.

I could literally see the temperature gauge drop when the meth injected. I did not tune to get performance increases from the meth and if I had I have been told that the measurable hp differences would be very minor if any.

It sure won't hurt...and in very hot places, it will lessen the negative impact of heat soak.

Speaking of heat soak.............since I installed my DC computor and 170` t stat, I really feel the heat soak issue is gone. Truck feels just as strong at cold start up or after an hour of driving......:dontknow: ......works for me!!:burnout:

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back