Navigation Unit ideas...

ILtemprd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody has a good recommendation on a in car nav unit. Would like one that has blue-tooth, FM transmitter, and multi point (stop) programming, 3D is cool as well. Looking to spend around a grand. I'm not real familiar with anything out there other than the stock unit that came with the truck. I'll should be doing allot of traveling this year so something that is very user friendly would be helpful. I was told to stay around the Garmin or Tom-Tom units but surely that cant be all that is reliable in this world. :dontknow: Thanks.

look on ebay for this JVC nx5000 its an older unit but its badass lowkey and can be wired so you can used when drivin. i got one an i love ill try to post some pics

ILtemprd said:
Wondering if anybody has a good recommendation on a in car nav unit. Would like one that has blue-tooth, FM transmitter, and multi point (stop) programming, 3D is cool as well. Looking to spend around a grand. I'm not real familiar with anything out there other than the stock unit that came with the truck. I'll should be doing allot of traveling this year so something that is very user friendly would be helpful. I was told to stay around the Garmin or Tom-Tom units but surely that cant be all that is reliable in this world. :dontknow: Thanks.

The Kenwood DNX-8120 has everything you listed and is an awesome unit, all on glass controls. When we bought ours it had been on the market for about two weeks, was $1500.00 then

FastRam said:
Here's a couple aftermarket systems that should replace your OEM radio. I assumed a 05 SRT for search purposes. For your budget, it looks like the Kenwood will fit the bill although a Bluetooth adapter will be needed.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350/In-dash-GPS-Navigation-Receivers.html?tp=526
I went there and looked at the Dual unit. It already has bluetooth capability. Is there anything wrong with that brand name? The price was right too. Plus it has a rear view camera input too.

yeah you guys are looking at Dubble din units. this jvc fits right in the stock location with a dash kit and if a cop where to drive by you in a s.u.v he cant see it
jvc-kd-nx5000.135747.jpg

Last edited:
ILtemprd said:
Have you looked at my avi?

Yeah, give me the $1000 and i'll ride with you wherever you go and i'll tell you how to get there. I will even answer your phone too!

SRT-IZ said:
Yeah, give me the $1000 and i'll ride with you wherever you go and i'll tell you how to get there. I will even answer your phone too!

Izzy that picture is the shiznit!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Shawn...check out Alpine.com. I could have sworn I saw something on there that might interest you! I definately would avoid a flip up since you now have a 4X4!;)

But thats just me....personally I would be investing in a lift kit, but you're old!:D:D:D

SilvrSRT10 said:
I went there and looked at the Dual unit. It already has bluetooth capability. Is there anything wrong with that brand name? The price was right too. Plus it has a rear view camera input too.
i was looking at the dual unit too. My friend had a double din Dual in his Tacoma and he loves it, but its not the flip up. Wal-Mart has this same flip up unit for $600 too. Has anyne had any experience with this unit?

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Izzy that picture is the shiznit!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:
Thank bro...i like it too:D

KRAZYSRT10 said:
But thats just me....personally I would be investing in a lift kit, but you're old!:D:D:D
Or a steping stool!:D

I just put an OEM (Original Entertainment Media) unit in my wife's H3 Hummer. It has blue tooth, IPOD control, navagation, XM radio, all kinds of shit in it. It was about $500 including shipping on eBay. She LOVES it.

I thought your truck had the mygig in it?? most of those have the NAV in them. I took a hemi challenger with mygig all the way to our training center in orlando with no problems.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back