Need 3rd gear syncro's

STUDBOYZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having issues ever since I put in the xmetal shifter with the truck going into third, It started out with a little grind once in a while now it wont even go in.
I can shut the truck off and put it in third and restart and as long as I hold it in there it will stay.

My question is do any of you have any parts trannys they you want to part out?
jim

STUDBOYZ said:
I've been having issues ever since I put in the xmetal shifter with the truck going into third, It started out with a little grind once in a while now it wont even go in.
I can shut the truck off and put it in third and restart and as long as I hold it in there it will stay.

My question is do any of you have any parts trannys they you want to part out?
jim

i agree with jack but did you also upgrade the master cly? when you did the slave?

You'd think it would do it in every gear if it was hydraulics right? It was the Roe kit It came on the truck i didnt put it in.

jsandlin said:

Those aren't the same transmission parts I had the same problem with the 1st and 2nd syncro they are a dealer item only and big $$$ the trucks have different gear ratios then the car transmissions. I also had to buy the gear itself all the teeth were ground off where the syncro matchs up so it cost me $2000 for the parts and labour I also got all the bearing replaced that was at 10000km

get with stinker if it's fried, had mine rebuilt for 1200 bucks or so, cant remember on the price.

Ramchargerguy said:
Those aren't the same transmission parts I had the same problem with the 1st and 2nd syncro they are a dealer item only and big $$$ the trucks have different gear ratios then the car transmissions. I also had to buy the gear itself all the teeth were ground off where the syncro matchs up so it cost me $2000 for the parts and labour I also got all the bearing replaced that was at 10000km

Is that the only this different between the car and truck? I was planning on a rebuild kit from them and changing the synchro keys.:dontknow:

Ramchargerguy said:
The gear ratios are the same in both transmissions so are the synchro's. as far as i can tell all internal parts are the same part numbers between the car and truck.

i can get you the 3rd-4th synchro for 300.00 new from Dodge

I was going to order from them till my tranny shop said they are not the same, So did the dealer. Ifthey are the same great if it happens to me again I won't have to buy dealer parts.

I still have to get it out but I will try bleeding before I do but they way its been acting its just like a syncro..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back