Need A New RAM SRT-10

scottdog

Reaction score
I have been driving a 2006 SRT-10 Quad Cab as a daily driver since new and it's time for a replacement. Is SRT going to build another short run of the SRT 10 Trucks? They need to because I would be at the dealer waiting if they would just build the damn thing. Can't think of anything better, (other than a new Viper), to put into my garage. Gives me a rush to think of having that refined 640 horse V-10 riding under a much refined ram truck. Let the production begin. (The Conner plant could use the break in monotonous days of building nothing but the awesome Viper.

Last edited:
Besides, I here the Conner Plant is in slow down mode as the Vipers are not selling as fast as they had hoped (the Current VCA Leadership has had a lot to do with people just walking away)

But that's just rumor

If there is another SRT RAM, it wont be a 10 based on comments from the current CEO of SRT Ralph Gilles

Would the new 640HP V10 fit in our trucks??? I assume there would be some trans/drive line & rear end problems, but would the motor fit?

Would the new 640HP V10 fit in our trucks??? I assume there would be some trans/drive line & rear end problems, but would the motor fit?

Yes. Dimensionally, it's not much different than our Gen III's.

I hope they do come out with a new ram SRT I'd be looking into getting one I have looked at the ram rt but they didn't thill me

I hope they do come out with a new ram SRT I'd be looking into getting one I have looked at the ram rt but they didn't thill me

I have to agree! I just bought a 2013 Ram Sport a few months ago... as much as it's a great daily driver, it doesn't even come close to the 10!!! Granted my 10 is an RC and my sport is a QC, but like I said... it's not even close!

The 10 is super badass. If they make another Ram SRT, it will probably not be a 10 cyl.

I would not count on it... :(

I have to agree! I just bought a 2013 Ram Sport a few months ago... as much as it's a great daily driver, it doesn't even come close to the 10!!! Granted my 10 is an RC and my sport is a QC, but like I said... it's not even close!

The R/T is different than your sport..only come in reg cab...3.90 gears and a higher stall torq converter...13.90s in the quarter stock...

How about we get you a 13' Sport and we make a Gen 4 or 5 engine in her with a T-56 ? Of course an auto can be done as well :rock:

The R/T is different than your sport..only come in reg cab...3.90 gears and a higher stall torq converter...13.90s in the quarter stock...

I know there's a difference in weight to the QC, that's why I specified. For the 3.92's, I have those, it was a special order option. As for the higher stall... I did not know that, although it may help the launch it's still not going to contribute to raw power. I'm just saying that I drive both trucks back to back regularly, and that hemi only rips in the higher rpm's. It does not have an impressive power curve and usable power on tap like the 10!!!

Yeah I'm sure its the vca's fault for low viper sales.....hell why not just blame it on Obama?

You and Chris Marshall must be friends.... good friends

I'm sorry :eek:

PS... say hi to Lee Stuberfield for me, he's a real gem

Sweet that's only about a full freaking second slower than a RC '10. I enjoyed my SRT8's, but their torque curves are nothing like the big inch motor in the '10.

Its actually 4.10 gears and 2600 stall for the RT. There has been RT run 13.75@96 mph bone stock in good weather vs the other rams come with 3.55 in the express or 3.92 with a towing package. I have even seen rams come with 3.21 gearing which is rare and sucks but some do have those gears. All rams other than the RT come with a factory 1800-2000 stall converter

Sweet that's only about a full freaking second slower than a RC '10. I enjoyed my SRT8's, but their torque curves are nothing like the big inch motor in the '10.

My friends RT with LT and tune ran 13.3@102 in warm weather on 20s all around. I tried to get him to put a 3200 stall and hunt for 13.0 with LT, 3200 stall, tune then throw 17s with slicks and break 12s but he sold it ; (

My friends RT with LT and tune ran 13.3@102 in warm weather on 20s all around. I tried to get him to put a 3200 stall and hunt for 13.0 with LT, 3200 stall, tune then throw 17s with slicks and break 12s but he sold it ; (

Sucks he sold it. I want to see one run some killer times

That's very respectable. Who tuned it? I was under the impression that the computers were still very un-tuner friendly?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back