Need help getting gen III engine running in project

You could probably save a ton of money if you found a wrecked truck. Then you could use everything for your build. I was lucky enough to find a wrecked. You could look up x2 builders they might have everything you need.

Attachments

• DSC_0308.JPG
    DSC_0308.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0309.JPG
    DSC_0309.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
With all that torque your gonna need the rear end too. Look into getting the gauge cluster also, it will make it easy to get all the gauges working without a wiring nightmare. The only wire I had to cut was the fuel pump. This swap was easier than I expected and the car never ran better, even when it's was new.

Attachments

• DSC_0305.JPG
    DSC_0305.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Tim, I bought a wrecked truck, using the rest end. Gauge cluster was broke, steering column was broke (mainly hacked on to get it running to sell/move). I think I still have the body control module somewhere just have to find it. http://www.hotwireauto.com/files/Install_Viper_Hotrod.pdf this still looks like the way to go, has all the gauge outputs for after market gauges, simplified to engine/ECU only and then I'd run a separate body harness (already have it) for lights, and all that stuff. I want to try to get it running with all the factory stuff if I can though before I drop about $1500 (harness, ECU reprogram, etc)

The body control box is probably going to be your best move, just makes it straight forward. That's gonna be a badass truck when it's done.

Tim,

Is the body control module built into the fuse box? Or separate? I have the fuse box. From google it tells me the fuse box is a TIPM (totally integrated power module). I think that would be considered the the body control unit. I think I'll still have some errant 20-30 pin plugs, I think those may be ABS or something.

Last edited:
So I found some parts I bought from Mopar, non-viper computer 1-P4510172AB and non-viper harness P5153824 paperwork says it fits 2006 truck motor, my motor is out of a 2004. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440551634.901719.jpg my engine harness doesn't have a plug to match this. Anyone know if I can put a 2006 engine harness on my 2004 engine?

You will be better off if you can find an 04 harness. The 06 is completely different architecture than the 04/05. your 04 engine has no knock sensor. if you use an 05/06 computer it will not get a knock sensor reading and it could put it into limp mod with a CEL.If it even runs... Retrofits these days are complicated.! it was to easy to just route power to the coil, crank the engine with a hand crank and it would run flawlessly! now the damn wiring has to be perfect or it won't move!

I have '04 engine harness (on the engine) and '04 stock computer. But the 3rd ECU plug is in the vehicle harness, so does someone make that 3rd plug standalone harness?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back