Need help--Ordering New Challenger

bikertat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help fellas...I am going to be ordering the new Challenger, but my dealership is telling me that the SRT8 is 5 speed AUTOMATIC..??..:dontknow:
I swear I have read that these cars are 6 speed MANUAL and some are 5 speed AUTOMATIC....Am I missing something?? I'm not really sure if I want the car if it is automatic...If this is a repost, I apologize, but I must be confused or the dealership is...help if you can...thanks, bikertat
BTW: the truck is still for sale if someone wants to make an offer on it...:rock:
burnout12.jpg

1st years an auto, only two or three options I think , sunroof, tires, and stero or nav unit.
three colors, orange , black, silver.
and according to my dealer, only about 4500 units or less the first year, contrary to the 10,000 I heard.

Too late to order an 08..they are sold out...you will have to find a dealer that has one ordered...and probably pay a premium price....some are wanting $20K+ over sticker..:mad: .............and yes, all the 08s are 5 sp autos....and the 09s having a manual 6 sp is a rumor.....Chrysler has not annouced that they would..

LOLOL boy the rumors of the 09's:D

lets see it should have 5000hp, a 12 speed and they are gonna make them in hot pink and make over 12 million of them all for only $1000 each:D

I read a thread from dodge challeneger forum. There will be 6 speed manual in challenger srt8. Both R/T and Srt8 will offer an optional 6 speed Tremac manual transmission. The base model will have 3.5L V6. The R/T model will have 5.7L Hemi with MDS 5 speed automatic and without MDS 6 speed manual.

http://www.dodgechallenger.com/forums/m_21558/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#21558

Last edited:
The 09s might have 6 spds but as I said all rumors...3 yrs ago there was going to be a 07 Challenger..then it was an 08 with a 6.4L and 6spd...now the 09s are gonna have the 6spd and..............."The always-reliable oh20 reported that the lineup will be expanded to three models with the addition of three more engines, the base model having the 3.5L V6 while the R/T model will offer the all-new 5.7L VCT Hemi with MDS (5-speed) and without MDS (6-speed)"............notice "the always-reliable oh20" said this...not Chrysler.......I have been around the LX forums for almost 3 years...I have learned it's rumor until the mfg says different..

Thanks for all the replies....that kinda sucks that they are automatic...why in the hell would you build a sports car that is automatic??? :dontknow: Sounds ridiculous to me, but maybe my grandma can drive it when I buy it:mad:

TREKER said:
Heard the 09's will have the 6 speed manual. 08's auto

Ummm.. yeah ditto... You might as well get a 300C SRT-8...It's like a sleeper with a luxury twist. The Challenger will be heavier.:dontknow: I'd wait for the '09 model if you want a full blown 6 speed.

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
Too late to order an 08..they are sold out...you will have to find a dealer that has one ordered...and probably pay a premium price....some are wanting $20K+ over sticker..:mad: .............and yes, all the 08s are 5 sp autos....and the 09s having a manual 6 sp is a rumor.....Chrysler has not annouced that they would..

Well, I have gotten in pretty good with the dealership and I have the build sheet in front of me...the dealership said if we can come to terms on a price, it is mine.....It states that it is a SRT8, orange, nav, sunroof, so basically fully loaded...but like I said, 5 speed:mad: -- might just wait til the 09's and see what is offered....

I would wait for an '09. You will have a better color choice and a 6 spd option. Hopefully, Lime but that will probably be a specialty color... :(

Venom Power, where did you get any info on the weight? Nothing has been announced yet, not too mention they are all on the same chassis?

Will

bikertat said:
Well, I have gotten in pretty good with the dealership and I have the build sheet in front of me...the dealership said if we can come to terms on a price, it is mine.....It states that it is a SRT8, orange, nav, sunroof, so basically fully loaded...but like I said, 5 speed:mad: -- might just wait til the 09's and see what is offered....

If they have a build sheet then they have one ordered...that means already ordered....the 08s sold out in less than 24hrs after being available back in Dec..

would be willing to bet, the 09's are gonna offer a 6 spd, but not with the 6.1, and dont expect a 6.4 in the future,, no matter what ya read on the internet;)

Stinker said:
would be willing to bet, the 09's are gonna offer a 6 spd, but not with the 6.1, and dont expect a 6.4 in the future,, no matter what ya read on the internet;)

I agree....though i think Chrysler is making a big mistake if they dont do a 6.1 6spd....even though I would buy the auto...

TNVIPER said:
I agree....though i think Chrysler is making a big mistake if they dont do a 6.1 6spd....even though I would buy the auto...

I think its a mistake also, but take in mind the recent buy out;) plus the learned a valuable lesson with the ram srt 10, more power, clutch, more issues.

My bet is the srt line will stay as is, no 6.4, and no manual, unfortunatly.

with a new convertable with the 5.7, and the v6 engine in an economy line.

With the buyout, the new owners are looking at one thing, profit:D

If ya listened to everything posted on the internet, the new 500kr mustang would have 600 hp, the new vette would be able to go 250mph, and the new camaro would have a 427.

one has to use common sense, this type of linup of cars are to do one thing , make them money , and not spend it on warranty.

the Vette's and Vipers is where there performance line lies, there they can extend their performance hand, they learned a lesson with the ram's, big engine, cheaply priced, means big huge lose of money, and thats not good for the biz;)

With the intro of the ZR1 from Chevy (1st one went for $1MILLION at BJ this weekend!) ..... I think the new Camaro is going to be HOTT! :rock: And I KNOW they are going to offer a 6-Speed... (Not to mention the new Ford GT500 KR! )

If the new folks at Chrysler don't follow suit, I think their "investment" won't last very long.... Govt EPA gospel be DAMNED.... The Muscle Car WARS is ON! :rock: The Challenger WILL be a BAD MOFO... mark my words. :burnout:

Mucle car war has been on for along time

Want to kick ass with a home grown? Buy a Vett or a Viper. That is if you like your ass sitting a foot off the road?? bobby mac

they sold the first challenger at the barret jackson auction it had a six speed manual so i asume they ar going to make them at some point

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back