Need help with shaftmount rocker install

dnz28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i got the number1 on tdc started putting the rocker arms on and it just dont seem right, when i finger tighten down the bolts the push rods wont spin and rocker has no play up and down, the adjuster screw is backed all the way out. I have never done a shaftmount system, Is it normal, how much preload do you put on the lifter(i was going to do 1/2 turn past no lash) but now im confussed. Help please:eek:

dnz28 said:
So i got the number1 on tdc started putting the rocker arms on and it just dont seem right, when i finger tighten down the bolts the push rods wont spin and rocker has no play up and down, the adjuster screw is backed all the way out. I have never done a shaftmount system, Is it normal, how much preload do you put on the lifter(i was going to do 1/2 turn past no lash) but now im confussed. Help please:eek:

PM Sent...

You are either at TDC after the exhaust stroke or your pushrods are too long for the shaft mounted rockers.

i figured it out, i should have picked a different engine to learn on, cause this is extremely nerve racking.

Roll the engine over until the Intake valve of the cylinder you are working on opens and then closes. You are now on the correct "t.d.c. cycle".

TDC a I would recommend 1 full turn after touching (make sure you have no preload though). These motors swell too much.

oops, wrong thread. moving to other thread.

Back