NEED HELP!

Justin_Sea

Reaction score
hey guys i have an 04 sc srt10, bought it about 4 months ago. truck has about 107xxx miles. truck has been having a high idle issue with me for about a week now but iv been so busy with work i havnt had time to get into it yet… truck is my DD. well i was driving to work yesterday ( about 10 miles) and the engine light came on (1st time it has ever come on under my ownership.) so i checked the codes and i pulled P1195 an P1196 i looked them up and they came back both as o2 sensors. so i figured it wasn't a big deal and i would get more into it that night when i got home. so on my way home THAT NIGHT it went into a limp mode, lost throttle power steering etc. it pulled 8 CODES NOW and i had to get towed home.

the codes i pulled are and what i have read that they are:

P0123-throttle position sensor Voltage high
P0118-ECT sensor voltage too high
P0113-Intake air temp sensor too high
P1596-Speed control switch always high
P1492-Battery temp sensor volts too high
P1195-1/1 o2 sensor slow during catalyst monitor
P1196-2/1 o2 sensor slow during catalyst monitor
P0523-oil pressure sensor high
i am seeing that i am getting too much voltage. from where and how can i fix it?
i am new too the srt10 since i just bought this beauty a little over 4 months ago, and i would love to learn more. any help would be great, thanks in advance knowing the srt genisus are on here. would love to get this beast back on the road asap! Thanks!

hey guys i have an 04 sc srt10, bought it about 4 months ago. truck has about 107xxx miles. truck has been having a high idle issue with me for about a week now but iv been so busy with work i havnt had time to get into it yet… truck is my DD. well i was driving to work yesterday ( about 10 miles) and the engine light came on (1st time it has ever come on under my ownership.) so i checked the codes and i pulled P1195 an P1196 i looked them up and they came back both as o2 sensors. so i figured it wasn't a big deal and i would get more into it that night when i got home. so on my way home THAT NIGHT it went into a limp mode, lost throttle power steering etc. it pulled 8 CODES NOW and i had to get towed home.

the codes i pulled are and what i have read that they are:

P0123-throttle position sensor Voltage high
P0118-ECT sensor voltage too high
P0113-Intake air temp sensor too high
P1596-Speed control switch always high
P1492-Battery temp sensor volts too high
P1195-1/1 o2 sensor slow during catalyst monitor
P1196-2/1 o2 sensor slow during catalyst monitor
P0523-oil pressure sensor high
i am seeing that i am getting too much voltage. from where and how can i fix it?
i am new too the srt10 since i just bought this beauty a little over 4 months ago, and i would love to learn more. any help would be great, thanks in advance knowing the srt genisus are on here. would love to get this beast back on the road asap! Thanks!

Unless it became possessed by an unholy entity of some kind (like my transmission), I'd be looking for a bad ground. That's just WAY too many codes to pop up in a short time.

There is a flat ribbon-strap ground cable that should be attached to the back of your engine (Passenger side). Check to make sure it is still bolted up.

Poor grounds CAN cause all kinds of weird and wonderful electrical issues.

Also check for cables that may have melted against a heat source (like headers).

Good luck.

Last edited:
Unless it became possessed by an unholy entity of some kind (like my transmission), I'd be looking for a bad ground. That's just WAY too many codes to pop up in a short time.

There is a flat ribbon-strap ground cable that should be attached to the back of your engine (Passenger side). Check to make sure it is still bolted up.

Poor grounds CAN cause all kinds of weird and wonderful electrical issues.

Also check for cables that may have melted against a heat source (like headers).

Good luck.

alright ill check it out tomorrow! thanks.

Your high idle issue sounded like a TPS sensor, or maybe a IAC sensor. With all that other stuff going on def could be electrical. Good luck!

I agree with a bad ground or a piece of the wiring harness being damaged (burnt, cut, etc.) Check all of your grounds and trace your wiring harness to see if there is any damage to it.

looking for the ground on the back of the motor passenger side but can't seem to find it… any help also where are the othe grounds located? any help would be great
thanks guys

That's a ground for injectors. It's on 11mm bolt, rear of pass head. It'll be under a wire holder clip. Other grounds along fender support underhood.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back