Need more power help

jaybusa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for more hp. don't know what else to do. Got full exhaust except for headers tune and cold air intake need more.:dontknow:

Looking for more hp. don't know what else to do. Got full exhaust except for headers tune and cold air intake need more.:dontknow:

Your Quad Cab NEEDS a tune. DC Performance does a good one...
A Drop-In air cleaner from K&N works well.
Headers are pricey for the power returned i.m.h.o.

Last edited:
Remove cats , torrie tune with an SCT , change torque convertor to alittle higher stall . After that you need CASH!!!

Huck is right on the money!!
Torrie has the SCT right now for 349.00 with 3 tunes. Jump on it.

Thanks for the help but I all ready did the sct, exhaust, no cats,cold air intake and i'm going to order the stall from tony but need more:dontknow:

Well buddy the question needs to be....What are you really expecting to get out of it? I see you have a tune but do you have an actual dyno tune or box tune? There was a huge difference for me going to Torrie's box tune to getting him to tune it on the dyno. Then just recently I had him adjust my shift points.....That was another huge difference in my opinion. now from here you need to find out what your end goal is and how much are you willing to spend.....

Yea I only do have mail order tune their is no body in new jersey or close to here that can tune these trucks.I really want to do a type of force induction.But just wondering if its worth doing it with out a forged bottom end

Last edited:
Torrie has been able to do dyno tunning over the internet so to say.... what you do is find a decent dyno shop/operator and Torrie will work with him/her and make adjustments, send them to you then you'd do another run and so on as if he was there..... just shoot him an email

from what i've heard going forced induction without building these motors can be risky, and building them isn't cheap, especially after a catastrophic failure

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back