need oem part number for hitch

TheMoparConnection said:
i honestly have never put one on a srt-10. i'm sure someone who has done it will chime in. I know someone cut holes on the top of the rear fascia to install the bolts. If you want a cleaner looking hitch get the p/n I listed above.
OMG!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST READ THAT:eek:

Wifey said:
Yeap, It happened. I think a member down in Fla. did that. He was able to find a trim piece that covered it and made it look good again but there were a lot of jaws hitting the floor when we read that he had done that.

Wifey said:
mmmmmm....that would be me:D doesn't look THAT bad!:p
i was one of the first to install a hitch (guinea pig)

Last edited:
CHRISG82 said:
im referring to the mopar accessory hitch not the uhaul,im going to have to order the uhaul i think..
That one might not be for the SRT-10 according to this website.

Attachments

• Hitch.jpg
    Hitch.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 49
SANCHOBA said:
mmmmmm....that would be me:D doesn't look THAT bad!:p
i was one of the first to install a hitch (guinea pig)
Well your not the only one. I think CubanEvo did it too.

About to install the hitch on my truck, how do you get the bumper end pieces off, removed the screw by the bottom of the tailgate and the one at the bottom, now what? Feels like something is still holding it in place.

enforcer17 said:
About to install the hitch on my truck, how do you get the bumper end pieces off, removed the screw by the bottom of the tailgate and the one at the bottom, now what? Feels like something is still holding it in place.
I'm working from memory here but there are screws in the fenderwell as well. There is the Chrysler version of velcro holding them on too. Just check real good all around it and make sure all the screws are out and then just slowly work it off. The velcro is some pretty tuff stuff but it will come apart. And I think you need to lift up as there are clips holding it on too.

TheMoparConnection said:
i honestly have never put one on a srt-10. i'm sure someone who has done it will chime in. I know someone cut holes on the top of the rear fascia to install the bolts. If you want a cleaner looking hitch get the p/n I listed above.

Yea, that would have been the previous owner of my truck... :banghead: CubanEvo
Covered it up with some metal and rubber trim piece. You can see it in this pic
f5405a3d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Dan (viperhauler) for explaining the process of removing the rear bumper end caps and cover, will be working on it tomorrow.

Been looking on-line for the Mopar kit to connect into the factory wiring to add a 7 wire receptacle at the hitch, have the four wire. Anyone have a part number? Under the dash I see a blue plug under the dash but it looks like the open end is not plugged in there (by the parking brake pedal where the stock sat receiver bracket had two screws). I believe I am looking at the right plug under the dash. Do I just need the plug with the unconnected wires there to connect to a brake controller?

Had a Voyager, is that still the brake controller of choice?

Ok, installed, super easy once you know how to take the side pieces off first. Only a slight bump in the center where the center bolt is now underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    995.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 135
That bump shouldnt' be there. :dontknow:

The bolt that goes into that center hole in the bumper support sticks up about 1/4"-3/8", so I am not surprised it has a bit of a bump. I'm guessing that those who have other hitches that are one piece, they have no bolt in that center hole (where you can install a ball mount). Not bad enough for it to bother me.

As you can see, took the notch out so it sits properly at the bottom where it meets the new part of the hitch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back