need oem part number for hitch

Ok, I just got with my parts manager and the only part number he found listed by Chrysler is 82211226AB, the problem with that is that is the part # for the new trucks, and our bar on the back of our trucks are not wide enough for them. He didn't have any listing for anything else by Chrysler, but he can be a douce bag sometimes....Sorry for the lack of assistance:dontknow:

the factory bar hitch p/n is 52110373AG to install this you must lift the bed of the truck up. it is a much better install than the accy hitch. I have it installed on my truck, no need to modify the rear fascia with this hitch

its #5 in this picture

hitch.gif

Last edited:
that is the accessory part number, correct me if I'm wrong but i do believe with the srt-10 you have to modify the rear fascia, because it bolts to the rear bar.

i honestly have never put one on a srt-10. i'm sure someone who has done it will chime in. I know someone cut holes on the top of the rear fascia to install the bolts. If you want a cleaner looking hitch get the p/n I listed above.

removal of old bar---note you must also remove the side skirts which is easy

Remove the rear bumper. (Refer to 13 - FRAME & BUMPERS/BUMPERS/REAR BUMPER - REMOVAL)
Remove the hitch bolts. (TRAILER HITCH – LIGHT DUTY) and (TRAILER HITCH – HEAVY DUTY)
Disconnect all wire harness support push pins.
Remove the rear two cargo box bolts and loosen the remaining bolts. (Refer to 23 - BODY/EXTERIOR/CARGO BOX - REMOVAL)
Using a suitable lifting device, lift and support the rear of the cargo box and remove the hitch.

install of hitch bar
Install the hitch onto the frame rails and make sure the locators on the inside of the hitch brackets are engaged with the holes in the top of the frame rails properly.
Lower the cargo box and install the rear bolts. (Refer to 23 - BODY/EXTERIOR/CARGO BOX - INSTALLATION)
Install the hitch bolts and tighten to 170 N·m (125 ft. lbs.).
Connect all wire harness support push pins.

Install the rear bumper
Install the hitch onto the frame rails and make sure the locators on the inside of the hitch brackets are engaged with the holes in the top of the frame rails properly.
Lower the cargo box and install the rear bolts. (Refer to 23 - BODY/EXTERIOR/CARGO BOX - INSTALLATION)
Install the hitch bolts and tighten to 170 N·m (125 ft. lbs.).
Connect all wire harness support push pins.
Install the rear bumper

Lifting the bed is not that hard, and it would look better than drilling holes through the facia

jbilledeaux said:
Lifting the bed is not that hard, and it would look better than drilling holes through the facia
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

CHRISG82 said:
i wil never drill the cover ,id have no hitch if that was the case....
No you don't have to lift the bed or drill holes in the rear bumper cover to install the accessory hitch. You should remove the rear side skirts and the rear bumper cover to gain access to the mounting holes for the hitch. It's not that hard. I did it to install it on my truck. Anyone can do it. Just take it slow and easy and don't force anything. There is a cutout already provided in the bottom of the bumper cover for the hitch. It's held on with two or three screws. Check out this video on installing this type hitch on a dodge ram. The steps are very similar to our trucks except you need to remove the bumper cover. Hitch Vid . Uhaul 41890 Installation Instructions of the hitch I have on my truck. This is the style I'm speaking of: Uhaul 41890 on Ebay (picture in ad is wrong)

Attachments

• Hitch.JPG
    Hitch.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
No you don't have to lift the bed or drill holes in the rear bumper cover to install the accessory hitch. You should remove the rear side skirts and the rear bumper cover to gain access to the mounting holes for the hitch. It's not that hard. I did it to install it on my truck. Anyone can do it. Just take it slow and easy and don't force anything. There is a cutout already provided in the bottom of the bumper cover for the hitch. It's held on with two or three screws. Check out this video on installing this type hitch on a dodge ram. The steps are very similar to our trucks except you need to remove the bumper cover. Hitch Vid . Uhaul 41890 Installation Instructions of the hitch I have on my truck. This is the style I'm speaking of: Uhaul 41890 on Ebay (picture in ad is wrong)

I installed the factory hitch and did the same as SilverSRT10. No need to cut or drill anything. Only tidbit I'd add is when installing the side fascia add a piece of masking tape above the clip on the bed body. You press the fascia against the bed then slide it down to hook it in place with the fastener. There's a chance you'll scratch the paint above the fastener and will be visible after all said and done.

NO GOOD!!!!

INSTALLED THE ACCESSORY HITCH ON THE TRUCK AND THE BOLT THAT GOES THROUGH THE TOP OF THE HITCH DOESNT CLEAR THE BUMPER,NOW I HAVE A BUMP IN THE CENTER OF THE BUMPER COVER,:mad:

Did you remove the knotch in the bottom the bumper to clear the hitch? That might push up on the bumper cover creating a bulge. That's really odd that the bolt doesn't clear. I think I remember mine fitting down in a recess in the bumper.

CHRISG82 said:
the top of the cover near the plate is bubbled
Sounds like you might not have removed the little knotch in the bottom of the bumper cover that goes around the hitch. It's held on by 3 screws. That needs to come off to give the clearance. If you've already done that then disregard. I'll try to find a pic if you need one.

Attachments

• Bumper2.jpg
    Bumper2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
its off

i removed that notch,in the middle of the bumper when i had the bumper cover off,there was a big bolt that went through the top of the reinforcment bar and threaded into the top of the hitch,the head of that bolt is holding the bumper from sitting flush like it normally would:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back