Need some guidance to modding

I suggest you do the following if you are planning to stay N/A as your thread suggests:

1. Get a 170 T Stat.
2. Get a SCT tuner.
3. Get the JMB CAI.
4. Get Bellanger long tubes with high flow cats and the stock catback exhaust to reduce the raspiness.

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
I suggest you do the following if you are planning to stay N/A as your thread suggests:

1. Get a 170 T Stat.
2. Get a SCT tuner.
3. Get the JMB CAI.
4. Get Bellanger long tubes with high flow cats and the stock exhaust to reduce the raspiness.

Welp, that about sums it up.. Looks like about a little under $3k worth to me.

SrtBrad said:

1. Get a 170 T Stat.
2. Get a SCT tuner.
3. Get the JMB CAI.
4. Get Bellanger long tubes with high flow cats and the stock catback exhaust to reduce the raspiness.

This combo should net you a gain of around 40-70 RWHP for a RC. Just my long tubes netted a 30 RWHP gain that was documented with DC Performamce.

Ive noticed everything but a big empty wallet, 1st rule to moddin these is get a good raise! And then hope its enough. And for some good info: plan your build to a perfect point and then start, dont just start piecing thing together because your gonna wind up wasting a lot of time and money. I got this statement from a very wise member here when i began and dam he was so right!

Last edited:
Don't forget the most important mod of all, in my opinion - the shifter. The factory piece is a piece of s___. Some guys like th B&M, I've got the Gen 10 from X-Metal. No way I can miss third with this shifter. I just palm it from second to third. Accidentally shifting from second to first under full-throttle could ruin your whole day.:(

RAM82A1 said:
Don't forget the most important mod of all, in my opinion - the shifter. The factory piece is a piece of s___. Some guys like th B&M, I've got the Gen 10 from X-Metal. No way I can miss third with this shifter. I just palm it from second to third. Accidentally shifting from second to first under full-throttle could ruin your whole day.:(

Ditto..........did the second to first WOT shift at the track once..........I pooped my pants!!!!!:argh: Upgrade your shifter to any aftermarket one.

Magnaflow sounds great IMO. Lose the cats, the tone is much louder.....like wake the neighbors loud, cant sneak around anymore loud. Got it? LOL

04 have horrible gears.....upgrading to 4.56 or go old school torque monster style with 4.88's. Gas mileage suffers but instant neck snaps, rubber burning power is always available.

Justins CAI is quite nice............nuff said.

Like Carl said, its the sum of your mods that really wakes up your beast. My truck is sick with tire burning power now. The combination of go fast mods and 4.88 gears have transformed my truck into a drivers machine. You are doing your best not to spin the tires. First and second gear have to be feathered or it will go up in smoke!!

Hope that helps and welcome to the RBC!!

patrick

Yank yer cats out and put 'em in a box............

Cheapest ponies and best sound mod ever.....

D

4to10cyl said:
I heard a straight pipe on youtube which sounds amazing, but I'm going to guess it gets raspy while driving.
Please dont go that route. That would be a disgrace to such a nice truck. A local has that on a black RC. It sounds like total shit. It is extremely loud and 10x annoying. It's a good way to attract the 5-0 too.:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back