Need some help with Drag Radials!!

BIG NANA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know that this subject has been addressed before, but I can not find the thread that really answers my question..., which is- Which Drag Radial can I use on my 2006 SRT-10 that will not require me to grind my calipers in the back? I saw where somebody. (riceeater maybe) used steel 17" wheels, did that work? If it did, then the choices for good drag radial slicks looks to be much better, HELP!!!

BIG NANA said:
Ok, I know that this subject has been addressed before, but I can not find the thread that really answers my question..., which is- Which Drag Radial can I use on my 2006 SRT-10 that will not require me to grind my calipers in the back? I saw where somebody. (riceeater maybe) used steel 17" wheels, did that work? If it did, then the choices for good drag radial slicks looks to be much better, HELP!!!

nana you absolutely have to use a eagle 058 series, I havent seen any other series that works yet, it gives the clearance you need.
and 17's is the smallest withoutgridn.

the mand h 390's are the choice of DR that most have run, its tall enough not to make too much of a gear change

i bought a set of 17 in steel wheels for a 03 to 05 dodge. gonna put m&h 390's on them if they will fit on a 9 in wheel.

Stinker said:
nana you absolutely have to use a eagle 058 series, I havent seen any other series that works yet, it gives the clearance you need.

the mand h 390's are the choice of DR that most have run, its tall enough not to make too much of a gear change

What width of rim and backspacing did you use?

I think its the 17x10 with a 5.5 backspacing, they stick out a tad but for the track its all good.

Maybe Rice Eater will chime in tonight and post up a pic or two

I hope so, I have the problem of the truck already being low with the rear blocks, de-arched springs and the cal-tracs, So I have to try and keep as tall a tire as possible. I think the 10" rim is ok, or I can go with a custom rim, I have a contact.

moparracing said:
tony,
do you have a part # for those rims ?

0589-8057

Plus you'll lose over 30 pounds of ugly unsprung weight. It can make a nice difference.

Ron

Last edited:
Stinker said:

Yeah what he said.

Big Nana ....here are the pictures of my M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials mounted on a Weld Racing Cheyenne 5D 17 X 10 wheel.

FamosaMay232008671.jpg

FamosaMay232008668.jpg

Option?

Hey guys. I finally found a cheaper solution for sticky tires for the SRT10 (some of you may already know this but I didn't) You can use the factory SRT10 20"x8" spare wheel-part #05290568AA ($35 each) with Nitto 555R's 275/40R20 ($282) each mounted on them! Total cost $634. plus shipping of course. It's a lot cheaper than the Eagle alloys with M&H's-total around double that!!! Works for me-just thought I would share. I'm gonna mount one underneath as my spare and keep the other one in the bed with a portable floor jack-never know when you might end up at the track!

4DR VYPR said:
Hey guys. I finally found a cheaper solution for sticky tires for the SRT10 (some of you may already know this but I didn't) You can use the factory SRT10 20"x8" spare wheel-part #05290568AA ($35 each) with Nitto 555R's 275/40R20 ($282) each mounted on them! Total cost $634. plus shipping of course. It's a lot cheaper than the Eagle alloys with M&H's-total around double that!!! Works for me-just thought I would share. I'm gonna mount one underneath as my spare and keep the other one in the bed with a portable floor jack-never know when you might end up at the track!

I don't think that this setup will give the traction that the M&H's do:dontknow: I may be wrong though:D

I had Nitto 305-45-18's before I got the M&H's and they were no better than my street tires.I agree with Kyle.

4DR VYPR said:

This sounds good...any thoughts here....this is a possible go for me if this works...:dontknow:

I cant see this working all that well, compare the 275 Nitto vs the 390 M&H. You are losing 115mm (4.5") of tire width. May work for the NA guys but for sure not the SC versions. May as well spend a little more money and get twice the tire.

yellowfever#154 said:
I cant see this working all that well, compare the 275 Nitto vs the 390 M&H. You are losing 115mm (4.5") of tire width. May work for the NA guys but for sure not the SC versions. May as well spend a little more money and get twice the tire.

I missed that...4.5" less?...no good..

Moparracing...I don't remember exactly the cost, but I think they were in the $300 range each. They may be a little hard to find, I know I really had to dig and I think I got them through America's Tire Co. here in Bakersfield

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back