Need some help with exhaust systems

blake_23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I just got my truck a few weeks ago and it's got Belanger headers with catless mids and I beleive flowmaster muffler to duel tips and don't get me wrong it sounds so mean when it's idleing but once I open it a little bit and starts to sound like a little Honda with an exhaust and I just can't have that coming from a viper truck aha so I need some help with what exhausts to go with now to get rid of that ricer exhaust I still want it to sound loud and mean but through all rpms not just at idle aha
Thanks guys

I have never like the flowmaster on the v-10's. I loved it on my v-8 trucks but sounds ricey on a 10 IMHO. I have cat back magnaflow and it's much better. Not borla better.......but better.

I have never like the flowmaster on the v-10's. I loved it on my v-8 trucks but sounds ricey on a 10 IMHO. I have cat back magnaflow and it's much better. Not borla better.......but better.

I disagree, only because I heard one 10 with flowmasters and it was the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard.

i also don't prefer flowmasters - or borla for that matter...
a custom magnaflow is the way to go, IMO - but that's why there's chocolate and vanilla icecream, too;)

The most important thing to realize Blake is that these trucks will not sound like a v8 period. Please keep that in mind so you dont go through 3 or 4 different setups. The exhaust clip thread is a good thread to check out as well.

I've got the MOPAR Performance long tubes, catless mids and cat back. I believe all that was made by Borla.

I really like the sound and it's actually pretty quiet inside the truck.

--CC

I disagree, only because I heard one 10 with flowmasters and it was the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard.

I hope you are speaking of mine. If so, I had more compliments on the sound of that truck than I could believe. Even the owner of the shop that did the custom back portion behind the mid-pipes told me it was the best sounding V-10 he has ever done or heard anywhere... and it was not his first Viper powered vehicle he had done. I think it had something to do with it being true 3" all the way. If you are not talking about my truck then this is rather embarrassing that I'm bragging and I now feel like a HOMO! :vroam:

I hope you are speaking of mine. If so, I had more compliments on the sound of that truck than I could believe. Even the owner of the shop that did the custom back portion behind the mid-pipes told me it was the best sounding V-10 he has ever done or heard anywhere... and it was not his first Viper powered vehicle he had done. I think it had something to do with it being true 3" all the way. If you are not talking about my truck then this is rather embarrassing that I'm bragging and I now feel like a HOMO! :vroam:

I was talking about your truck, that catback will live again when I put it on my truck this summer.

I was talking about your truck, that catback will live again when I put it on my truck this summer.

Ahhh... it's like a little piece of me will live on inside of you forever! :cheers:

Ahhh... it's like a little piece of me will live on inside of you forever! :cheers:

Inside of me?!?! I thought we weren't going to tell anybody about that.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back