Neon SRT-4

Goose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok how fast are they in stock form? I raced one from about a 60 punch the other day and had my hands full. I pulled him by a fender by the time we hit 110. My common sense came back to me and I let out obviously he got his rocks off thinking he won. I knew they were quick but never knew how quick.

stock there quick but modded i have heard they run anywhere from 13.9 to 12.9 1/4 times.

With decent modifications the low 12's are easily achieved...I have seen some in the 11's.

Very quick...

my friends srt-4 in stock form ran a 13.9 when we went to the track a mounth ago, good thing i ran a 13.60 :D
nathan

Goose said:
Ok how fast are they in stock form? I raced one from about a 60 punch the other day and had my hands full. I pulled him by a fender by the time we hit 110. My common sense came back to me and I let out obviously he got his rocks off thinking he won. I knew they were quick but never knew how quick.
i got smoked by 1 out of 3 in my qc,so i think he was modded

RedSrt007 said:
srtpwr41 has a pretty quick one..maybe he will chime in :D

Consider the thread chimed :)

srtx.jpg

11.7 @ 122.

405 fwhp.

Sold almost 2 years ago.

But, to answer the OP's question about stock ones, 14.0s and 13.9s are pretty common.

Their mid range is pretty stout. From a 40ish roll if he goes to second, he may even pull you a hair until our third gear.

Last edited:
DONT GET FOOLED!!!

well like Red mentioned above......i would have to say iam pretty quick.....though iam pretty HEAVILY modded.......i can hold my own against some HIGH HP cars!!! i also have another buddy here in SD that has a Mopar Stage 3 kit on his. iam sure all of you know its all about POWER to WEIGHT ratio :rock:

Red can also tell you that i stood up to his 700 HP truck he had when i had WAY less mod's than now :D

Goose said:

but to answer you on a stock one.......they are FAIRLY quick......i mean quicker than MOST cars......but you also have to remember that your in a TRUCK!!! not to mention a 60 roll is a SWEET spot for the SRT-4........ ya you have a 500 hp motor but thats not what your putting to the wheels.......i still think you guys would win STOCK for STOCK......i wouldnt really know.....since there really isnt any stock one here in SD to test it out......but if anything it would be a DRIVERS race.......well from a DIG......you guys HANDS DOWN!!!

Muzzy's wife Tiffany has one! and she is the president of a srt4 club! I hope they chime in!!! They both said "you gotta!!! ride in that" and I took that as they are VARY FAST!!!! CANT WAIT FOR MY RIDE!!!!!:rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
I killed one pretty easily (before my engine build) from a 4th gear roll.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7041

ya i would have to agree with this thread you posted!!! like i said before......STOCK for STOCK......iam sure you guys would WIN!!! but HIGHLY modifed ones.......watch out for those........just look for a BIG FRONT MOUNT and healthy sounding exhaust and they may be pretty modified. Hey i have yet to LOSE to a Viper truck with my setup i have NOW......but i know they are out there......like a few weeks/monthes (cant remember) ago i got to meet the silver 10 sec quad cab :adore: :adore: here in Cali......that thing looked CLEAN as hell!!! but other than that.....the ones i know are pretty much STOCKISH for the most part (basic bolt ons)......but i still LOVE the TRUCKS!!!

devildog02 said:
They both said "you gotta!!! ride in that" and I took that as they are VARY FAST!!!!

ya i would have to agree with this too!!! i mean......its really different when you ride/drive a quick one.

Last edited:
SRTPWR41 said:
ya i would have to agree with this thread you posted!!! like i said before......STOCK for STOCK......iam sure you guys would WIN!!! but HIGHLY modifed ones.......watch out for those........just look for a BIG FRONT MOUNT and healthy sounding exhaust and they may be pretty modified. Hey i have yet to LOSE to a Viper truck with my setup i have NOW......but i know they are out there......like a few weeks/monthes (cant remember) ago i got to meet the silver 10 sec quad cab :adore: :adore: here in Cali......that thing looked CLEAN as hell!!! but other than that.....the ones i know are pretty much STOCKISH for the most part (basic bolt ons)......but i still LOVE the TRUCKS!!!
I love your skittle mang. Whats up?

JRSVIPR said:
I love your skittle mang. Whats up?

:hello:whats up man!!!! hope your doing well........i mean i havent seen you in a MINUTE!!! :hello:

SRT-4's are scary fast. It's funny though...My wife used to have a Neon about 6 years ago, and it was a complete piece of shit. That car was garbage from day one and she bought it brand new. I hated the way it rode, the interior, the looks of it, everything. The interior literally started coming apart at the seams three months after she bought it.

So naturally, I've had a very low opinion of Neons ever since then. When I saw the SRT-4's for the first time at the track I thought "what a joke". Then I saw them run, and raced a few, then shut my mouth. At the track, I have never beaten a single one and I've raced 4 so far. They are an amazing accomplishment for Dodge, even though I'm still scratching my head as to why they used the Neon as a platform. That's kinda like Chevy using the Cavalier as a platform for a 13 second car.

sealalot said:
SRT-4's are scary fast. It's funny though...My wife used to have a Neon about 6 years ago, and it was a complete piece of shit. That car was garbage from day one and she bought it brand new. I hated the way it rode, the interior, the looks of it, everything. The interior literally started coming apart at the seams three months after she bought it.

So naturally, I've had a very low opinion of Neons ever since then. When I saw the SRT-4's for the first time at the track I thought "what a joke". Then I saw them run, and raced a few, then shut my mouth. At the track, I have never beaten a single one and I've raced 4 so far. They are an amazing accomplishment for Dodge, even though I'm still scratching my head as to why they used the Neon as a platform. That's kinda like Chevy using the Cavalier as a platform for a 13 second car.

you know what.......i actually thought the same thing when i first saw the SRT-4......if it wasnt for a buddy of mine giving me a ride.....i would of had something else......but man i thought that thing was fast as hell......and it was STOCK!!! :burnout: but ya i hate the fact that Dodge used the Neon platform for the SRT-4.......i think they should of brought up a WHOLE NEW car......ya i know the Caliber is coming out but thats gona be pretty HEAVY compared to the NEON........ya they are giving them a FEW more ponys but thats to make up for the weight it put on :dontknow:

but if you really think about it......the Cobalt SS is a Cavalier :rolleyes: just slightly bigger obviously........but i dont think its a 13 sec car though stock.......but either way.....i think they tried to hide it by calling it the "COBALT" :deal:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back