Never say never

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loved ever mile.

Like to get another 150K but probably will have to have a rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    598.6 KB · Views: 70
Modern engines last a LONG time.
I think the lubricants have lots to do with it as well as fuel injection to prevent fuel from washing lubrication away like cold engines with carburetors typically did.

The Viper Engines are a conventional design with some exotic twists and I've learned lots about them since buying my truck.

Glad you have been enjoying yours!

I have too!!

Too bad this site is SO quiet, it's been fun and educational.

Last edited:
This site was a lot more fun, entertaining and educational in the past. The newer generation is really missing a lot from the old guys.

Would love to forge mine in the future but who knows?

Best Ronnie.

Today's engines are built with better materials and machined with better tooling for tighter tolerances. Not meaning smaller gaps in parts but overall it's closer to perfect. Couple that with modern synthetic lubricants and it's amazing what kind of performance and longevity can be squeezed out of them.

Today's engines are built with better materials and machined with better tooling for tighter tolerances. Not meaning smaller gaps in parts but overall it's closer to perfect. Couple that with modern synthetic lubricants and it's amazing what kind of performance and longevity can be squeezed out of them.

Yep, the the 20K or so is a real stumbling block.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back