new 1/4 mile time

chad434sc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my last trip to the track I ran a 13.77 at I think it was 99mph and this last trip I got her to run a 13.50 at 101 with a little bit better launch technique. I don't have video of this run though. No camera man.

describe your launch technique. i have had some good traps with horrible launches. just interested how a fellow quad cabber is leaving the hole

When i went the first time I was trying to stall it out like my street/strip car but this time out I just stomped it and believe it or not that made all the difference. I actually was on more of a time crunch this time and I left the tire pressure at 38 as to where last time I let it down to 21. It still scratched 2nd real good but no spin off the launch so I left the pressure alone. I know it makes no sense but thats what I got. Oh and also the temp and humidity was very similar to before.

What was your 60? I would guess 2.1-2.2. If you can get that to 1.8 you will be close to the 12's if not in the 12's. Can you post your time slip?

jtsdad13 said:
describe your launch technique. i have had some good traps with horrible launches. just interested how a fellow quad cabber is leaving the hole

Here is how I launch. Power brake anywhere from 1500-2500 RPM's (depends on track). 3rd yellow I let off the brake and roll into the throttle to WOT. If you go to hard on the throttle you will spin, to slow and the truck will shift into 2nd then downshift once you are WOT. Another option is to put the truck in 1st and shift it into Drive prior to hitting 2nd. Listen to the engine in the video. BTW these videos of me at the track was the first time I even went to the track. I started in the 14's and got it down to 12's.

SRT-10 QC doing a 12.7 run.

Attachments

• 12.gif
    12.gif
    242.5 KB · Views: 53
Nice times Chad!

Flying low, how many seconds would you say it takes from when you first get on the gas till your WOT? I watched your vids allot and it seems like your foot is already to the floor by the time you get to the tree? Just trying to get an idea for the next time I go to the track. Also in stock form with the stock ECU does the computer bog the truck down if you brake torque it up too much? I'm a firm believer in taking the "slack" outa the driveline by bringing the rpms up a bit, but just wondering if that would trigger some kind of ECU response that bogs the truck down. Might be just me since I only have a few passes under my belt and launched it like grandma.

Kauka

Thanks guys. I am hoping to get back soon and try some more of your guys tricks. I will try to get a pic of the time slip up tonight.

ViperPowa said:
Flying low, how many seconds would you say it takes from when you first get on the gas till your WOT? I watched your vids allot and it seems like your foot is already to the floor by the time you get to the tree? Just trying to get an idea for the next time I go to the track. Also in stock form with the stock ECU does the computer bog the truck down if you brake torque it up too much? I'm a firm believer in taking the "slack" outa the driveline by bringing the rpms up a bit, but just wondering if that would trigger some kind of ECU response that bogs the truck down. Might be just me since I only have a few passes under my belt and launched it like grandma.

Kauka

After the burnout I 2 foot it up to the line and shallow stage. I think the computer will bog you down due to TRQ managment. Either a PCM flash or a SCT tuner will take that out. I recommend the SCT for a lot of reasons. Before I went to the track I would practice launching on the street (no traffic). Just takes a little to find the sweet spot for power.

76574srt10 said:
flyinglow what mods ahve you made to your truck? 12.7 sounds amzing on a stocker.

Just 3 mods. K&N intake, Borla Ext sans rear cats and B&G stage 2 flash.

To properly stage a quad cab, pull up to the line similar to the way you would drive leaving the grocery store, pretend the 3rd yellow lite is the bag boy and as soon as he drops the groceries let go of the brake (on the left) and quickly press the accelerator (on the right) and you should have a picture perfect run.:p :p :p :p :p :p

FATJACK said:
To properly stage a quad cab, pull up to the line similar to the way you would drive leaving the grocery store, pretend the 3rd yellow lite is the bag boy and as soon as he drops the groceries let go of the brake (on the left) and quickly press the accelerator (on the right) and you should have a picture perfect run.:p :p :p :p :p :p

Then cross the finish line and wait for the RC to catch up. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back