New 10 in Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinkypete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my 10 and joined the VTCOA. I've ask a couple of questions and the members here are quick to help. I appreciate that a lot. Carfax says my RC '06 10 came from GA originally. I purchased it from a 69 year old gentleman in NJ. It's got right under 30.000 miles on it and totally stock. I did put a CAI on it. I was thinking about selling it to buy a used Viper car but I called that off and started planning mods for my truck. I sent my pcm to the viper store in FL for a reprogram for my 93 octane build. I've a custom Comp Cam coming with 224 and 230 @ .050 ground on a 114 degree lobe spread. I'll have some Diamond pistons .005 over 10 to 1, good rods, valve springs, bearings, etc. by the end of the month. I'll be doing everything at my shop in Beaumont TX and can post pics of the machine work and assembly. I found out there are over 30 VTCOA 10's in TX and would like to invite them to visit if they are ever near Beaumont. I'm about 80 miles from Houston. Thanks, Mark:D:D

Welcome to the family if I'm ever out that way I'll hit ya up I'm in west texas

Welcome to the VTCOA!

Welcome to the RBC!!:rock:

You might want to think about doing some head work also.:dontknow:Just swapping the cam won't yield you very much. I done just a cam swap like that and might have picked up 20rwhp.:( Just a suggestion;)

Yea, you're right. I'll do a high performance valve job, minimum surface of less than .005, and some port work and there's free beer after 5pm.

The Woodlands are cool, I saw Rodger Waters when he did his in the flesh tour at the pavilion back around 2000.

My cam cam in a couple of days a go. I should my pcm back from the viper store any day. Compstar rods are on the brown truck from Roe Racing. The pistons will take a couple of weeks. I also have the PAC 1283-20 springs. I'm starting to get a little excited.

Last edited:
My cam cam in a couple of days a go. I should my pcm back from the viper store any day. Compstar rods are on the brown truck from Roe Racing. The pistons will take a couple of weeks. I also have the PAC 1283-20 springs. I'm starting to get a little excited.

Awesome!! YOu aren't wasting any time:burnout:

Yea thanks, how the hell do i get some pics on here. i uploaded a couple and they aren't posting?

While we're figuring this mess out

Here's his Ride
1856-a.jpg

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/members/slinkypete/albums/my-10/

Great looking truck. My second favorite color.

parts showing up

I had no prob uploading to my album. Now I'm copying and pasting the url from my album to try it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back