New 2006 QC SRT-10 Night Runner Owner in Novato, CA

metalme2

Reaction score
Hey all!!

Well after 4 months of research, looking, passing up a few that I probably shouldn't have, convincing my wife it was a "car enthusiasts" thing, etc... I now own a 2006 QC SRT-10 Night Runner #52/400.

When I test drove and started the engine, it runs a bit rough, but the research I did at the dealership lead me to believe since it wasn't throwing any codes that it was probably TPS sensor, non-premium gas, or something to that effect. It has an after market Volant air intake so I'm going to open the box and see if the additional particulate filter is installed and if so, give it a clean.

I've never had a V-10 Viper motor so I'm unfamiliar with the engine. If you all have any ideas or insight into what to look for I'd appreciate your input.

I'm very excited and I hope to start a physical club (or physical extension of this one) here in Novato if I can find any other people that own one.

Also..

Any recommendations on performance bolt-on mods?
Replacement passenger side mirror with both convex and 1:1 mirror (I assume towing mirror but without the bulky extension arm)

Thanks,

Jason

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jason SRT-10 small.jpeg
    Jason SRT-10 small.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 249
Hey all,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 SRT-10 Night Runner (#52/400).

Saying hi and would love to see if there are any owners in the Marin County area on this forum.

Hey all,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 SRT-10 Night Runner (#52/400).

Saying hi and would love to see if there are any owners in the Marin County area on this forum.

Welcome to th club. I own Night Runner #50.

Thanks man!!

Yours a QC or RC?

Question, engine is running a little rough and has since I test drove. I decided to still buy it since the price was right, everything was very clean, and what investigation I did online said possibly low grade fuel, tps sensor, crank sensor, or something to that effect which isn't too hard to replace...

Got any ideas?

Thanks man!!

I keep getting "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." on any post of long length it seems.

Thanks!!!

So does it require a subscription on this forum in order to change the tag line that is displayed below my username? I can't seem to change it in the profile preferences.

Ok..odd but ok.. obviously I must have registered on here a long while back when I had my hemi as my tag line under my name says "You got a HEMI?"

welcome to the fourm. i have a night runner also 320/400. This is def. the place to be if you own a 10 fo sho :D congrats on the new truck :rock:

Congrats on the new 10 & welcome from Phoenix, Arizona. You might start with a tune from Chris or Torrie, headers, exhaust.

that truck looks just like mine.... :D minus the night runner on the rear. AWESOME LOOKING TRUCK you got there

Welcome from Nightrunner #167. Sorry for the late welcome. Us NRT guys have to stick together. :burnout:

Good to meet you man!

Yeah I love my truck so far, but wish that it didn't have the annoying rev limiter crap when it decides to shift down (I have the QC).. I'm hoping when I get the tuner I can work with them to tune that out of it.

Loads of power though holy crap!! :)

Welcome to the club,nice ride,it looks like someone swapped your wheels out? they look silver not dark grey that NR came with? or is it just the pic??

Thanks! They seem dark grey to me and they are the same color as the other NR's that I looked at (granted all online via pic), so I don't think they were swapped but honestly not sure.

Back