New 2014 Cherokee for the Wife

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just figured I would post up a pic of the latest Mopar to join the family. Unloaded a 2011 Dodge minivan and got this for the wife a few weeks ago. She hated the van more than I knew until she got this. She gets pissed if I drive it. Kinda funny. I could have driven the van over a curb and through someone's bushes and she could have cared less.

It's a Limited with the Panoramic roof NAV and the 8.4 inch screen along with some other goodies. Pretty cool little vehicle and it's awesome in the snow. Umm, unlike our trucks :D

IMG_20131202_073945_363.jpg

What are you talking about? Our trucks are awesome into the snow.... if you like excitement and a white knuckle driving experience :D

Holy crap you responded to that fast.

Yeah, I have driven the beast in snow a few times not by choice and my butthole was puckering :drool:

That's a lot of speeds! Pretty crazy that that 195cid V6 builds more horsepower than any 360 ever produced, huh?

It is crazy but that 5.9 was a good motor. Had a decent amount of TQ. I would imagine a good set of heads, cam, and TB would turn it into an animal.

It is crazy but that 5.9 was a good motor. Had a decent amount of TQ. I would imagine a good set of heads, cam, and TB would turn it into an animal.
I've owned more than my fair share of LA engines. Certainly wasn't bashing them, just impressed with how far engine technology has come since 2002.

I've owned more than my fair share of LA engines. Certainly wasn't bashing them, just impressed with how far engine technology has come since 2002.

I know. I had a 2002 Ram 1500 that was the last to get the 5.9. It was slow...

However, it ran like a champ. I got hit by a guy making U-turn who never saw me while I was towing a Jet ski. He pulled out right in front of me just as I was on top of him. I tried to get around him by going into the opposite lane and he hit me in the right rear. Broke my right rear rim, spun me sideways and the Jet Ski came off the trailer and was swinging through the trees on the other side of the road, I was in the opposite lane of travel. Went off the road and the left rear smashed into a telephone pole. Left front tire peeled off the rim and the entire back of the truck was mangled. The taillights were completely gone, even the wires.

The point is the motor never stopped running. I drove it across the road and pulled it off to the right shoulder. That truck had a HD suspension with a towing package which quite frankly saved my ass because it kept the truck from rolling over. I couldn't drive out of the skid because the damn Jet Ski was air born (which I figured out later by seeing broken tree branches 12 or so feet off the ground) swinging behind me still attached to the bow hook and the trailer was upside down still attached to the truck.

So that is my story about a 5.9L. I'm a fan :drool:

Last edited:
My little lady wants to get one. I like them.

Plus going against popular opinion, I think it looks bad@$$

sweet ride:rock::rock::rock:

so that means no mods???:dontknow:

not even the very basics:(

My little lady wants to get one. I like them.

Plus going against popular opinion, I think it looks bad@$$

I agree it does look pretty cool. She wanted a Fusion, Impala, Escape, and I think even a Cruze.

Sorry, Jeep wins hands down. Fusion isn't bad but I couldn't work any kind of deal. Plus I'm a Mopar guy, go figure!

What are you talking about? Our trucks are awesome into the snow.... if you like excitement and a white knuckle driving experience :D

do ya'll know how to drive in the white stuff???

this is the best vehicle i have ever driven in the snow AND ice:rock::rock::rock:

gone up hills while everyone else was stacked up at the bottom. gone faster & braked better

sweet ride:rock::rock::rock:

so that means no mods???:dontknow:

not even the very basics:(

LOL!!!

No mods. But we'll see.

She already had a bird because I had to take out the rear carpet out where the spare tire is. I took my kids sledding and all the snow melted off the damn thing and went into the well where the spare is. It was fogging up the whole inside of the vehicle and then freezing. She was mortified when she saw me pulling trim off and putting car parts in the foyer. We tried hairdryers and a ShopVac first but that was not cutting it. However, when I brought the carpet in and it had a 1/2 of ice under it about 3 inches wide, she just went, ohhh...

Ooops!

this is the best vehicle i have ever driven in the snow AND ice:rock::rock::rock:

gone up hills while everyone else was stacked up at the bottom. gone faster & braked better

Are you serious?

Do you put snow tires on it? I almost got stuck at the bottom of driveway once.

Maybe these new Firestones will be better than the Conti's where in the snow but these giant tires in the snow are like snow shoes.

I've been in Colorado for over a decade. Half that time was spent in Gunnison (look it up, it's often the coldest place in the country). I've spent months at a time in snowy weather where the temperature never rose above zero. During that time, I've owned 15ish different vehicles. I think it's safe to say I know how to drive in slick weather. Having said all that, my '10 is the worst handling snow vehicle I have ever owned. Even my slammed MSRT8 on 22" Boyd's was way, way, way better in the slick stuff. It's physics, bro - wide, low profile tires + posi + manual transmission = extra cautious driving, or else.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back