New 5.7 cam only record

onebadbee24_7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.7 60 ft 8.11 1/8 at 82 12.86 at 102.35 1300 da

best 60 ft of the night was a badass 1.69

corrected times of 12.68 cam only truck

I'm sorry but having lots of experience building the modern hemi I just find it hard to believe a 2.5 ton truck with a 5.7 and cam will get anywhere close to high 12s.....high 13s maybe...with a capital M on the maybe....

You are saying that a truck that weighs 800LBs more than a Challenger RT will run a full+ second faster than the Chally.........For that matter I have not seen a Chally or any LX with the 5.7 run more than mid 13s with just a cam....:heeeelllllooooo: ..........now add a 150+ shot of laughing gas and open exhaust then maybe..

TNVIPER said:
I'm sorry but having lots of experience building the modern hemi I just find it hard to believe a 2.5 ton truck with a 5.7 and cam will get anywhere close to high 12s.....high 13s maybe...with a capital M on the maybe....

You are saying that a truck that weighs 800LBs more than a Challenger RT will run a full+ second faster than the Chally.........For that matter I have not seen a Chally or any LX with the 5.7 run more than mid 13s with just a cam....:heeeelllllooooo: ..........now add a 150+ shot of laughing gas and open exhaust then maybe..

what i mean by cam only is everything on the motor is stock but the cam

Last edited:
Oh yes it can be done with some good track prep, supporting mods and a driver! Don't sleep on the hemi...after having a built hemi i still like my 10 more since i have more power all over....but my hemi sure was quick..... it was defiently faster than my 10 stock before i installed my mods and had her tuned...

TNVIPER said:

hehe maybe not not will, but certainly can.

Good stuff, amazing accomplishment, but not hard to believe at all. :)
For that matter my best all motor cam only stock block / heads run was 8.34 in the 1/8 in me 5000+ lbs 5.7 quad cab. (at near zero DA air)

As for challeys one of the quickest least modded ones I've seen personally is Bills 2010 RT, he's ran 8.05 in the 1/8 and 12's in the 1/4 with tune and mopar CAI and drag radials. Those 5.7 challeys respond amazing well to tuning.

RandTx said:
hehe maybe not not will, but certainly can.

Good stuff, amazing accomplishment, but not hard to believe at all. :)
For that matter my best all motor cam only stock block / heads run was 8.34 in the 1/8 in me 5000+ lbs 5.7 quad cab. (at near zero DA air)

As for challeys one of the quickest least modded ones I've seen personally is Bills 2010 RT, he's ran 8.05 in the 1/8 and 12's in the 1/4 with tune and mopar CAI and drag radials. Those 5.7 challeys respond amazing well to tuning.

Some people are just unbelievers with the hemi's :D

TNviper The trucks can be quick but of course the chally's can be faster with the same mods.....

onebadbee24_7 said:
what i mean by cam only is everything on the motor is stock but the cam

I know exactly what you mean....And I have much experience with the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemis.....I never see at the local & other tracks what gets posted by the hemi trucks on this site.....Just cant buy those #s....sorry

Do you have a timeslip and/or a video of this amazing run??

Cam only? There's more to this story for sure..slicks for one..

What octane are you tuned for?
Cat delete?
What did you remove from the truck for this pass?

Just like TNViper, I'm havin' a little trouble with this one....

fellas by "cam only" he jsut meant that that was the only major engine mod, no heads, ported polished intake, built motor, bumped compression etc....... to run in the 12's i know he had slicks, gears, cal tracs, E-fan, full exhaust, short belt, a good torque convertor, SCT or Diablo and everything tuned pretty good, alot of weight reduction........ just no built motor...... those are all common mods for the hemi rams as I had one, i just didnt go that far and didnt have a good tune....

my hemi QC ran a 13.8 on heavy ass 305/50/20 street tires, no weight reduction at all, an out the box no adjustment tune..... my mods were heads, cam, lontube headers, no cats and a billet edge 3k stall...... and i have the timeslip....the 13.8 was my first time ever taking it to the track i might add....so i know i had a 12 sec run in the truck with learning how to drive it better, DR's and a good tune.....

My 4.7L QC runs 11s on bald street tires and its bone stock. :burnout: :D :marchmellow:

Troy's QC SRT said:
my hemi QC ran a 13.8 on heavy ass 305/50/20 street tires, no weight reduction at all, an out the box no adjustment tune..... my mods were heads, cam, lontube headers, no cats and a billet edge 3k stall...... and i have the timeslip....the 13.8 was my first time ever taking it to the track i might add....so i know i had a 12 sec run in the truck with learning how to drive it better, DR's and a good tune.....
what was your trap speed? and thats about dead even with a totally stock srt QC

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
what was your trap speed? and thats about dead even with a totally stock srt QC

IMG_0048.jpg

I still have a Hemi Truck also.
Heads, Cam, long tube headers, no cats, true dual 3" system, torque converter, HyperPac programmer, K&N, wires/plugs....probably in low/mid 14's realistically, maybe high 13's, but haven't taken it to the track (daily driver). QC 4x4.

I would have to lose 1000 lbs to get into the 12's right now. A RC is about 500 lbs less. Some weight reduction and you/he could get there.

I have a split second controller for the cam, and it is not a huge cam. So I don't know how he is getting by without some sort of programmer for the cam? Possible I guess, but like the rest, there is probably more than just a cam. Large cam will throw the idle all over the place and would have stalling issues with the Hemi.

Post this on one of the Hemi Truck forums and see the responses.

Bone said:
I still have a Hemi Truck also.
Heads, Cam, long tube headers, no cats, true dual 3" system, torque converter, HyperPac programmer, K&N, wires/plugs....probably in low/mid 14's realistically, maybe high 13's, but haven't taken it to the track (daily driver). QC 4x4.

I would have to lose 1000 lbs to get into the 12's right now. A RC is about 500 lbs less. Some weight reduction and you/he could get there.

I have a split second controller for the cam, and it is not a huge cam. So I don't know how he is getting by without some sort of programmer for the cam? Possible I guess, but like the rest, there is probably more than just a cam. Large cam will throw the idle all over the place and would have stalling issues with the Hemi.

Post this on one of the Hemi Truck forums and see the responses.

I have a pretty big cam in mine and it will not idle nor run without a tune....dont know the cam you got or the stall convertor but everything has to work together....and custom tunning is a must, if your using a hypertech or superchips, you dont have an aggressive cam at all! SCT or diablo is the only option brother:rock: With the right setup she will run the #'s that have been said.....The guys that run 12's without major motor work have put plenty of time testeing different combo's out and tinkering with it to get it to run right;)

i'd also like to know what the weight of onebadbee's truck is when he races, seems like the only hemi trucks that are that quick a pretty much stripped. James(oso) is the only hemi truck i've seen that'd run with a RC SRT and i know he had a good bit of money in the engine(392).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back