new battery

d3ze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i need a new battery , i have the mopar power pro 5 now on the truck
only when i charge him full , i only can open my radio for 5 min without driven and then hes flat.
anyone have sugestions about some batterys to buy and prices ?
thanks guys :)

Havent had any problems with the Diehard I had to buy do to the factory battery dying on me at the mall......I was wondering why the neg batt. cable kept corroding ---the battery had a small crack at the terminal...well then it died...had to buy a battery at sears to get it going and a pair of pliers to change it out in the parking lot... no problems with the new one... even though it is a 700 CCA battery...cost for battery was about 109.00

Last edited:
Thats because you have a yellow truck:aetsch:

I've got an Optima Red Top, mine is currently having issues (we think) and I've had issues with 1 in the past. I'm getting my Optima replaced under warranty with another Red Top. If I wasn't getting it for free as a replacement, I'd be looking at the Odyssey Range, the P1500 looks awesome. ;)

Still have the stock battery in the truck but I have Optima's in my other truck and both my boat batteries are optima.,They will take a lickin and keep on tickin for sure. But they are pricey.....wppppppppppp

Having done some searches myself on this subject recently, looks like the consensus is Red Top Optima or Odyssey.
Some run their OEM batteries down then go for either of the above. You can't really go too wrong with either. ;)

ok thx guys , ill look for the optima red top :)
wondering if i find this one in belgium ...

found a dealer 5 min from my house :)
for the red top ... any sort or specifications i need to ask ? type ? thx

d3ze said:
found a dealer 5 min from my house :)
for the red top ... any sort or specifications i need to ask ? type ? thx
Not sure on what other models everyone else is running but I'm running a Red Top Optima 34/78 800CCA. ;)

d3ze said:
hey i need a new battery , i have the mopar power pro 5 now on the truck
only when i charge him full , i only can open my radio for 5 min without driven and then hes flat.
anyone have sugestions about some batterys to buy and prices ?
thanks guys :)

It sounds like you have a heavy demand (current) stereo system. You may want to consider the Optima Yellow Top instead of the Red. The Yellow Top is more suited for high current demand applications. Here's a link to Optima's web site.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/home.php

Carlwalski said:
Not sure on what other models everyone else is running but I'm running a Red Top Optima 34/78 800CCA. ;)

went to the shop today , asking 295 euro ! damn are they kidding ?
found a other shop online , only they have the redtop RT R 4.2 ,
R stands for ( reverse ) left black and right red pole , i guess this one is okay ? or do i need the s ...
they ask 199 euros , much better:D

thx:D

d3ze said:
went to the shop today , asking 295 euro ! damn are they kidding ?
found a other shop online , only they have the redtop RT R 4.2 ,
R stands for ( reverse ) left black and right red pole , i guess this one is okay ? or do i need the s type for standard ...
they ask 199 euros , much better:D

thx:D

??:confused:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back