New Bumpsteer Kit

Well his last activity was over a year ago,I dont think he is a member here any more.

actually there is a new way of doing the bumpsteer kit ,I jsut cant seem to get anything done as late, with the website , shop and all, but hope to by jan 1st.

and not even the wife is sure about me:confused:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
actually there is a new way of doing the bumpsteer kit ,I jsut cant seem to get anything done as late, with the website , shop and all, but hope to by jan 1st.

and not even the wife is sure about me:confused:

Well, I'm sure about ya. Sure yer gona have a sweet bumpsteer kit!:D

If ya put one together, count me in.:rock: :rock:

I wonder if its possible to just reverse the steeering ball joints from being on top of the spindle with the nut on the the bottom. Putting the ball joint on the bottom with the nut on top.

I guess there would be some issues with the way the hole is tapered on the spindle?

Retap and sleeve it?

Sounds like a quick fix?

Any thoughts?

SHU

its a little more complex than that, you have to use a tapered reamer on the bottom side and a steel sleeve on the upper, I have tried to find a "off the shelve" sleeve, but no one makes the correct degree angle sleeve, so will probably have to have some made

CarolinaSRT10 said:
Stink,

Wouldn't drop spindles solve the whole 06 front end thing?

Lee

If you can find any. I've already done what Stinker is talking about, and it fixed my bumpsteer issue. The only problem now is if I hit a bump too hard the outer tie rods smack the lower control arm. I'm considering looking into offset bushings for the rack to see if that would work. Either way you still need to run a die (M18x1.5 I believe) down the tie rod to get more threads on it. That allows you to to get toe right.

alexspop said:
If you can find any. I've already done what Stinker is talking about, and it fixed my bumpsteer issue. The only problem now is if I hit a bump too hard the outer tie rods smack the lower control arm. I'm considering looking into offset bushings for the rack to see if that would work. Either way you still need to run a die (M18x1.5 I believe) down the tie rod to get more threads on it. That allows you to to get toe right.

Anyway to get a pic or two of what you did?

SHU-DOG said:
Anyway to get a pic or two of what you did?

It's raining today. If it clears tomorrow I'll try to get one. I just did what you were talking about...flipped the outer tie rod to the bottom of the steering arm. I'm hoping offset bushings will move the rack up enough to put the tie rods back on top.

alexspop said:
It's raining today. If it clears tomorrow I'll try to get one. I just did what you were talking about...flipped the outer tie rod to the bottom of the steering arm. I'm hoping offset bushings will move the rack up enough to put the tie rods back on top.

So us just flipped the ball joint over then and put the nut on top?

Isnt the hole in the spindle tappered to have the ball joint ONLY face down?

Did you drill out any(even just a lil) of the bottom of the hole on the bottom to get the ball joint to fit going up?

Thanks for the info as im getting ready to get new boots and do the Energy suspension steering rack bushings Wednesday.

SHU

SHU-DOG said:
So us just flipped the ball joint over then and put the nut on top?

Isnt the hole in the spindle tappered to have the ball joint ONLY face down?

Did you drill out any(even just a lil) of the bottom of the hole on the bottom to get the ball joint to fit going up?

Thanks for the info as im getting ready to get new boots and do the Energy suspension steering rack bushings Wednesday.

SHU

I did just what Stinker said. I used a tapered reamer on the bottom of the hole. The hole is shaped like an hour glass now....just need to make up some tapered spacers, but haven't had any problems with the tie rod moving.

SHU-DOG said:
Think i got it.

So basically just threaded part of the ball joint may not be touching(?) the spindle but the main part on the bottom is snugged up into the spindle?

Do i have that right?

Thanks SHU

You got it...since the shaft is tapered there is plenty of contact in the bottom half of the hole to hold it.

Sweet.

Where can i get the bit to do this? Harbor freight tools?

Specific size?

How bad does it hit the a arm? Any cause for concern?

It looks like you went the same as me lowering it at 1.75" in the front and 3" in the rear??

Looks like my wednesday just got a lil more interesting.

Thanks SHU

PS-pics are definitley going to help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back