New but not new...

Get out of here with your shameless promoting. What, you think you're TOTM Moderator or something? :D

Naww man, Im just a guy who knows a guy who knows some people that cut me in on the deal. I mean its a nice monthly paycheck, but I do it because I love the club. :D

Thanks, Chris! I L-O-V-E the fender stripes on your black truck.

Thats a GREAT start ViperDad. Please tell me more about how cool my truck is. LOL. Nah I was on the fence about the stripes for a while, until I pulled up next to a few RT Rams and let them glance at my tail lights. Worth it. :D

I've replaced the oil cooler lines and power steering lines with ones from JTSVP and I upgraded the brakes to a setup from BrakePerformance.com. Everything else I've done has been for show and go. My very first mod was to put Ground Force shackles on the rear, gives it an even stance. From there I went nuts with an ipod adapter, dual JL Audio subs, throttle body, SCT tuner, K&N CAI, underdrive pulley, catless mids with Magnaflow catback, new emblems, painted cowl grille... the list goes on and on and on and on!

Post some pics of the audio set up!

Post some pics of the audio set up!

Sure! Audio is one of my hobbies, both car and home. I've got a nice Polk 7.1 setup in my living room so you know that weak sub/amp combo in my truck wasn't going to cut it! Since the '06 has the newer radio data path I was able to use an iSimple ISCH73 plug-and-play iPod adapter, plus a PAC Audio C2A-CHY plug-and-play amplifier adapter. The best part: no splicing, no changes to the OEM wiring! I scored a sealed MTX Thunderform enclosure on eBay for only $99, then loaded it with two JL Audio 10" subs. I had to make custom spacers out of MDF so I went ahead and painted them and the trim rings red to match the truck. The remote knob for the amp is hidden under the seat heater controls, passengers always enjoy turning it up and down. I added the upgraded MOPAR/Kicker multi-channel amp behind the glove box and have been satisfied ever since. It's not so much for show, but it has really good sound quality and I can rattle the windows of the Lightning in the next lane if I want. Plus, everything is out of sight when the truck is locked up. Check it out:

10.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

Man that is super nice and super clean and is close to show quality when combined with the truck it is in!!! WHere are you from, I need a system upgrage drive over lol. The stock stuff is good but not like that.I used to mess with car ausio and when i was in high school i buil a box/wall in my blazer with kicker comp VR's and a 2400 watt audiobahn class d mono flame q amp!! man it pounded hit a 151 on a DB meter but word got around and bammmmmm i got robbed!!! been afraid to do another one since! fukers who steal from hard workers!!

!

Sure! Audio is one of my hobbies, both car and home. I've got a nice Polk 7.1 setup in my living room so you know that weak sub/amp combo in my truck wasn't going to cut it! Since the '06 has the newer radio data path I was able to use an iSimple ISCH73 plug-and-play iPod adapter, plus a PAC Audio C2A-CHY plug-and-play amplifier adapter. The best part: no splicing, no changes to the OEM wiring! I scored a sealed MTX Thunderform enclosure on eBay for only $99, then loaded it with two JL Audio 10" subs. I had to make custom spacers out of MDF so I went ahead and painted them and the trim rings red to match the truck. The remote knob for the amp is hidden under the seat heater controls, passengers always enjoy turning it up and down. I added the upgraded MOPAR/Kicker multi-channel amp behind the glove box and have been satisfied ever since. It's not so much for show, but it has really good sound quality and I can rattle the windows of the Lightning in the next lane if I want. Plus, everything is out of sight when the truck is locked up. Check it out:

10.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

did we jsut become best firends!!!!! YUPPPPPP, want to go do karate in the garage yup!!!

I love you man, I'm singing Rush's Tom Sawyer as we speak! lololol We're only about 1,500 miles apart... shall we plan a GTG for Friday? :) When I was 11 I tried to build my own version of a Bose Acoustimass subwoofer. It sounded like crap but I sure was proud! I installed stereos at Circuit City for a while after college, that's when I really became obsessed with sound. Just like you, back then I rocked a pair of Kicker Comps and they were good for one thing: slamming hard and getting girls. Now that I'm a little older I still like my music loud but it's gotta be clean. I just love JL Audio's stuff, it's like gold candy for the working man. Someday I'll have Focal separates and Dynaudio subs or something like that, but for now even my kids love "the boom under their bums"! I've always worked hard to keep it stealth, though... gotta stay one step ahead of the envious thieves.

I love you man, I'm singing Rush's Tom Sawyer as we speak! lololol We're only about 1,500 miles apart... shall we plan a GTG for Friday? :) When I was 11 I tried to build my own version of a Bose Acoustimass subwoofer. It sounded like crap but I sure was proud! I installed stereos at Circuit City for a while after college, that's when I really became obsessed with sound. Just like you, back then I rocked a pair of Kicker Comps and they were good for one thing: slamming hard and getting girls. Now that I'm a little older I still like my music loud but it's gotta be clean. I just love JL Audio's stuff, it's like gold candy for the working man. Someday I'll have Focal separates and Dynaudio subs or something like that, but for now even my kids love "the boom under their bums"! I've always worked hard to keep it stealth, though... gotta stay one step ahead of the envious thieves.

yea those thieves piss me off! they broke into my silverado like 6 times when i first moved to sa, it was a culture shock to me. now i dare them to try to rob me, they will meet my 90 lb german shepard shelby and my modifed AR!!! bring it! i tried wheh i was yonger to hook a copper wire to the pos and neg terminal on a battery and wrap it around a light bulb and held it my hand to get the light to light, well it lit for about two seconds, then burned the fuk out of my hand and melted the copper wire. gi knew nthing of compting a circut or ground, i learned quick!! i love loud music as much as Horse power. in my gt 500 it was so fast on the track i never wanted to do a system but in the truck i think you convinced me to. plue my babygirl will love it while she listens to kaite perry as i drvie down the road;{

Man you're killin' me, that is funny stuff. I have definitely rocked out to some nursery rhymes in my truck, although now my little ones want Skrillex or some bass track just so they can turn the boom all the way up. They are as nuts as me when it comes to the truck.

I checked out your ride, it's awesome to see another Inferno Red QC. Here's a mod that I think you should put at the top of your list: a painted cowl grille. It looks SO much smoother! It takes a few hours of sanding to get the little bumps off, but it looks like something Dodge should have done, especially with the hood up.

DSC_5192.jpg

DSC_5190-1.jpg

DSC_5320.jpg

This is gonna come out wrong, but yours is worth lifting the seat for! The presentation is so much better, really a nice custom look. Your truck is worthy of any trophy, mine is dented and dinged and scratched and driven hard every single time, more like a 5 foot truck, just don't get too close. But I'm okay with that, someday I'll win the Mega Millions and get it repainted!

VIper dad that shit is sweet man and cheap, almost free really just a 12 pack and a night inthe garage away form the wife !!! hell yea!and where did you get that radiator cover from? man i love this forum fuk face book lol

2 slow nice set up, is that a W6 or W3?

VIper dad that shit is sweet man and cheap, almost free really just a 12 pack and a night inthe garage away form the wife !!! hell yea!and where did you get that radiator cover from? man i love this forum fuk face book lol

2 slow nice set up, is that a W6 or W3?

The radiator cover came from Joanne at JTSVP. You probably know it's hard to find the '06 logo on anything so that was a must-have for my engine bay.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back