New Car

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrite here is the deal, my GF is getting new car. She is looking at a BMW 328xi. She has built the car new her self on the website and the MSRP was $46,250. The dealership had found one in the "warehouse" that is identical execpt in a 2011. They want $42,765. Is this a good price or should she be in there tryin to talk them into 38k??

Alrite here is the deal, my GF is getting new car. She is looking at a BMW 328xi. She has built the car new her self on the website and the MSRP was $46,250. The dealership had found one in the "warehouse" that is identical execpt in a 2011. They want $42,765. Is this a good price or should she be in there tryin to talk them into 38k??

I think i would buy a used one for that kinda money, get a off lease for half the price and its certified .

not trying to sound like a dick, but my friend has one of those, and it sucks man. serious.

I would also search for a nice used 5 series maybe. I just don't see 46xxx there for that car. a 3 series at that. maybe it's just me tho.

not trying to sound like a dick, but my friend has one of those, and it sucks man. serious.

I would also search for a nice used 5 series maybe. I just don't see 46xxx there for that car. a 3 series at that. maybe it's just me tho.

Agreed, a 5 is a lot nicer car

Honetly the MSRP is what it is and from what I have heard BMW dosnt even offer holdback cash. She wants the 3 series fells the 5 is a little big for her and she definetly wants new. The base for a new 3 series is only like 36K. This one has all the bells and whistles on it heated steering wheel and shit. She is gonna get it we have to go talk price this weekend. I was just wonderin what you all thought about knockin money off the the asking price.

I personally love BMW have already had the roadster and my brother has a 328xi and i think that they are a quality car. I personally dont have as much experience in the 5 but she is also a 5 and a half foot blonde girl and the 3 is just a better fit.

I told her she should buy a 10 but she said she just likes to ride in them not drive them.:rock::rock:

speced at $46,250

exact same car for $42,765

what am i missin here?????

If that's the one she wants is try to talk them down as much as I could, they gotta be in a hurry to move it since they have 2012's coming in

If that's the one she wants is try to talk them down as much as I could, they gotta be in a hurry to move it since they have 2012's coming in

true, plus they will have a ton leftover on the lot.

remember, tell the dealer. you don't have to have the car, you want the car :D:D:D

and bluff them, thats what I did before, say you went to this dealership and they said xxxxxx for the car.

whichever way, you don't have to buy the car from them :D make sure thats clear to the salesman.

That is a really good deal, especially since the 2012 AWD's aren't coming out until the fall.

There is some build out cash on the 2011's but is looks they are using that to get to that price; that price is barely over invoice - go for it!:D

I would lease it, then when your lease matures BMW should have good terms on the F30's. :rock:

*if someone in your household owns a 2005 or newer Bimmer then you can get "owner loyalty" too!

wait a second; did she build a 2012 or a 2011 on the website? Totally different cars and prices.

i think you should at least step up to the 335...

better resale if you plan to keep it, and faster... by a lot:D

but seriously, bmw dealers are finnicky... my buddy bought his 135i cash, and they only knocked a few k off... this was early 2011 as a 2011 model, and he got every option you can except nav... m package, dct, heated everything, premium sound...

some just plain don't deal, and others deal like a mofo... i would call a dozen bmw dealers across the country... big dealers like NJ/NY, GA, NC, TX, CA, IN, FL, etc. and see who will give you the best price... they can ship it right to your door...

i think you should at least step up to the 335...

better resale if you plan to keep it, and faster... by a lot:D

but seriously, bmw dealers are finnicky... my buddy bought his 135i cash, and they only knocked a few k off... this was early 2011 as a 2011 model, and he got every option you can except nav... m package, dct, heated everything, premium sound...

some just plain don't deal, and others deal like a mofo... i would call a dozen bmw dealers across the country... big dealers like NJ/NY, GA, NC, TX, CA, IN, FL, etc. and see who will give you the best price... they can ship it right to your door...

That is true but it doesn't mean that you can't get a good deal locally.

I would build a relationship with the BMW Center that you will be getting it serviced at - believe me, it makes a difference!

About 1 series - these cars have the least amount working between MSRP and Invoice of all the cars BMW makes.

Update: they didn't wanna deal and I made an offer. The sales guy came back over and laughed in my face and said there was no way in hell they will go below the invoice. I said thank you and we walked out. The following bussiness day they called herback we ended up walking away more than 2k under invoice. We were able to get the car including tax and tag out the door price for 500 less than msrp.
I test drove the 335 and although it was a lot faster than the 328 its not nearly as fast as I thought and I presonallly I think the my truck felt faster but shit it had a smooth ride.

Don't pay more then 38k those fall in value about as fast as a Kia lol well no that bad but you get the point. Plus maintenance adds up really fast, good luck either way, tell her to buy a g37 if she wants a better car for cheaper that's just as nice.

Don't pay more then 38k those fall in value about as fast as a Kia lol well no that bad but you get the point. Plus maintenance adds up really fast, good luck either way, tell her to buy a g37 if she wants a better car for cheaper that's just as nice.

You mean fall in value as much as a srt10 :D

38 was the goal but she took 38600 I don't think she did to bad on a brand new car with a sticker of over 42700

Her cousin has a g37 so she couldn't have the same car but I test drove one before the truck I think I made the correct choice.....:burnout:

And they all fall in value trying to buy a car for resale is like tryin to buy an srt10 for gas milage

Ne way the important part is she is happy....and more importantly I have a nice whip to drive while the truck is resting for the winter

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back