New Cherokee SRT8/Challenger

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read on web that Chrysler is not cutting anything from their budget on the SRT line. They are going with a 392c.i hemi which equates to a 6.4 liter which will produce about 500hp and 500 ft lbs of torque. going into the Cherokee, charger and challenger. In the works to do the Ram also! Would love to see what they expect performance wise!!! Anyone else know any info on this.

That's pretty cool. Anxious to see what theyll do with the new srt Ram

I imagine if the charger and challenger are gonna keep up with the new z28 which will have 556hp that they will have more than the 500hp anticipated! The ram will definitely be very interesting!!!

They are expected to be ready for the 2012 model year just not sure the ram will be ready though

Challenger will probably run 12s stock

This is great. I dont like that the new mustang is faster than the challenger. Hopefully the new Challenger will smoke it.

Well even if the challenger does have 500hp instead of closer to 550 like the z28 it will have a 100 hp advantage still over the stang!

Now also imagine if they could shave some weight off of it as well!

it really seems like American muscle is making a comeback. Totally awesome.

505'sFastestViper. said:
yeah too bad american muscle isnt even owned by an american co hell my toyota is more american made then any ram srt 10

lol good point. That is too bad though

Jfireboy1 said:
Well even if the challenger does have 500hp instead of closer to 550 like the z28 it will have a 100 hp advantage still over the stang!

It will have 88hp more than the Mustang GT, but will outweigh it by close to 500lbs, I'm sure. The net difference in strip times will make it a close race.

And it won't cost anywhere close to what a Mustang GT costs once it is optioned out appropriately.

The SRT Challenger is a competitor to the improved '11 Mustang GT500 price-wise, which will be running low-12/118-119mph in showroom stock form. Both will cost $50k loaded (the Challenger may not sticker that high, but I'm talking real-world market which = dealer markups on that car).

Hopefully the Challenger will have 550hp.

They need to shave some weight off the Challenger if they plan to compete with even the new GT...... not to mention the GT500...... We will see unpon it's release......

Jfireboy1 said:
It will also be 20 grand more than the mustang

How much hp can the alum. 5.7L hemi blocks take? I would think they could save a good bit of weight by making the new 6.4L alum as well

I dunno but imma pay the Z of by the time their out and go buy me something SRT that makes over 500hp :D fuel economy should still be over 20mpg hwy...

I may look at either the charger or challenger once they come out. Wanna see want their final numbers are! Then go straight for a nice f.I system.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back