New dodge SRT Truck!

yeah, i saw it too about a month ago...i forgot to post it...thanks stink...i say who cares what's in it it's an SRT...drive the dog shit out of it...and with 4 digit hp...they would assumingly install a suspension that'll put it all to the ground....i don't care if it spews black smoke or water particles...i'd drive it

TNVIPER said:
...:dito: .....diesels are for pulling loads....not smoking up the track with black smoke...
And with as much trouble as the 6.7's have been since they made them, this is just going to elevate the customer's coming in 10 fkn times for the check engine light coming on all the time!:mad:

HaulinAsp said:
:D Hi guys! Remember me?

Thats the guy who was doing it.. :rock:

Hows the project coming along.

walbert said:
Thats the guy who was doing it.. :rock:

Hows the project coming along.
Hoping for a springtime break out timeframe.:rock: With a BUILT 5.9 Cummins Common Rail, 1K shouldn't be a problem, getting it to hook will be.

I think that truck is cool, I'm just not a diesel guy. Different strokes for different folks.

Bill.

with a 6.7 there would be no way , egts would constantly cause egr cooler failures, the dpfs would be consistantly be plugged(causing regeneration mode). if emissions was not problem it would be possible. but it is a problem.

dnz28 said:
with a 6.7 there would be no way , egts would constantly cause egr cooler failures, the dpfs would be consistantly be plugged(causing regeneration mode). if emissions was not problem it would be possible. but it is a problem.
Emisions is the biggest problem I see here on a daily basis, the engine has plenty of power, it's just choked back by everything from the egr/turbo back:mad:

I own a 07 Ram 3500 with the new 6.7l diesel... and it really is a power house.

There are a few things that really hold it back from really performing, that just have to go:

1. EGR Delete, you ask why? Well.. think about it.. they take a 2 inch round pipe from the exhaust manifold, through a "cooler of some sort", and force that soot and crap right into the intake, back through the motor, out the turbo, to all stare over again... all kinds of folk are having issues with blown up turbos, plugged intakes, plugged turbos that require drilling and tapping them to clean them out... EEEK!!! all at the same time using more fuel, and lowering MPG!! What a stupid design.

Its a simple delete, just unplug the EGR, and if your running the Edge Juice with Attitude, it will clear the code, and the motor will run just fine.

2. Next, get rid of the dang DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter), its like having 3 cats on the system, only worse... it causes turbo temps to skyrocket, mileage to suck, and super dangerour exhaust temps in the area of the DPF filters that can start fires under the truck if you parked in a grassy area!!!!

3. Get rid of the "resonator" in the tail pipe, and put on a free flow muffler.

With these three mods, peeps are geting an average of 4-6mpg increase for in town driving, and an additional 4-6 on the highway, a increase of 30-40hp and 85-100lbs of torque at the wheels, and 200-300 degree drops in exhaust/turbo temps. Not to mention not sooting up the intakes, and turbo intake veins.

BTW way, with these mods, the system NEVER goes into regen modes.

HaulinAsp said:
Hoping for a springtime break out timeframe.:rock: With a BUILT 5.9 Cummins Common Rail, 1K shouldn't be a problem, getting it to hook will be.

you'll be first with the deisel but you'll just have to settle for second on the tubbed rear end!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back