New gears 5:13's

INFAMOU$

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the paxton didn't like the heat of Dubai so I sold it a while back and decided to gear the hell out of the truck instead. Got a SPEC Stage II clutch and LTW flywheel installed and added 5:13 gears thanks to Tony.

Definitely loss of MPG on the highway but fuel is not a concern here. The gears are pretty much as fun as the blower was and you can pretty much drive 2-4-6. Great upgrade and no need to upgrade the carrier with this set! Also had the option of 5:38's but with the 100mph roads in the area I wanted to play it safe.

Before (Stock)
DSC_0548_zpsd391d626.jpg

After
DSC_0029_zpse6e09349.jpg

Just waiting on my new CAM sensor so I can go WOT! :rock:

Gotta agree with this guy although that's rare. Haha
HAHAHAH!

These trucks have insanely long gears IMO. The truck is very driveable and 2k at 80mph is very reasonable considering when you hear 5:13 you would think you'd be at 3500!... In comparison the gearing feels very much like my e39 M5 (6 speed also) and is still more manageable on the highway than my Foxbody mustang with 4:11's and WAY better still than my e36 BMW with a 3:91.

Anyways to each their own... It's a truck, if I want top end fun and cornering I drive my M5. Instead for 1/10 of the cost of the Paxton I have lots of fun around town :) In fact I am pretty sure my RPM's are less at 80 then they were in my Lightning with 3:73's.

Last edited:
5:13! :drool: .... and i thought 4:56 Were enough on my 5.9 (gas) truck. Then again it was 4 speed too ha.

HAHAHAH!

These trucks have insanely long gears IMO. The truck is very driveable and 2k at 80mph is very reasonable considering when you hear 5:13 you would think you'd be at 3500!... In comparison the gearing feels very much like my e39 M5 (6 speed also) and is still more manageable on the highway than my Foxbody mustang with 4:11's and WAY better still than my e36 BMW with a 3:91.

Anyways to each their own... It's a truck, if I want top end fun and cornering I drive my M5. Instead for 1/10 of the cost of the Paxton I have lots of fun around town :) In fact I am pretty sure my RPM's are less at 80 then they were in my Lightning with 3:73's.

I can imagine it would be fun with our torque and in the power and at all times. I believe you with the 2-4-6 shift though. As I could 1-3-5 easily with 4.56 :)
Now I've gone to 4.10, lmfao as I wanted the gears to be longer 1-4.
I lost my ass to a Fast and Furious RX-7 with a fat ass turbo the other night, but otherwise hoping it was a change for the better. I love the 4.10s more for DD though as again I'm not always shifting through town as much.
Can't wait to try then at the track. :burnout:
Glad you've ventured into uncharted territory. Only way to learn and thankful for your feedback.
I really thought the 4.88 deal was too much and now you've bested those couple guys. Video of some jaunts down the road would kick ass!

I can imagine it would be fun with our torque and in the power and at all times. I believe you with the 2-4-6 shift though. As I could 1-3-5 easily with 4.56 :)
Now I've gone to 4.10, lmfao as I wanted the gears to be longer 1-4.
I lost my ass to a Fast and Furious RX-7 with a fat ass turbo the other night, but otherwise hoping it was a change for the better. I love the 4.10s more for DD though as again I'm not always shifting through town as much.
Can't wait to try then at the track. :burnout:
Glad you've ventured into uncharted territory. Only way to learn and thankful for your feedback.
I really thought the 4.88 deal was too much and now you've bested those couple guys. Video of some jaunts down the road would kick ass!

Well I believe that feedback is important and as you mentioned, to be in the power and enjoy the torque it's a lot of fun. I drove to Abu Dhabi the other day at 90mph and cruised along nicely! 6th actually has a bit of pull on the highway lol.

I was going to do 4:88's but then when I heard of the 5:13's I figured what the hell I'll go for it! Just to think there is even a 5:38 option.

My CAM sensor is being delivered tomorrow and I should have that swapped out in all of 5 minutes! I will get my Go-Pro ready and get a few vids up over the weekend to give everyone a better idea.

Last time I talked to Devin, about 4 months ago, he said the stock carrier will now accept a bunch of different gear options. Including my 3.73

I almost had Tony put those in my truck when he had it in his shop defanging it. Scott now that would be a ton of fun. lol

Well I believe that feedback is important and as you mentioned, to be in the power and enjoy the torque it's a lot of fun. I drove to Abu Dhabi the other day at 90mph and cruised along nicely! 6th actually has a bit of pull on the highway lol.

I was going to do 4:88's but then when I heard of the 5:13's I figured what the hell I'll go for it! Just to think there is even a 5:38 option.

My CAM sensor is being delivered tomorrow and I should have that swapped out in all of 5 minutes! I will get my Go-Pro ready and get a few vids up over the weekend to give everyone a better idea.

I like vids...:rock:

video is a must!! I still want the 4.88's though, unless you can steer me otherwise with a video!!!!

I hope you don't ever plan to run the truck in the 1/4 mile with 5.13's. You're going to be really pissed when you are bouncing off the rev limiter in 4th gear at the 1000' mark.

I hope you don't ever plan to run the truck in the 1/4 mile with 5.13's. You're going to be really pissed when you are bouncing off the rev limiter in 4th gear at the 1000' mark.

The guy isn't tracking it. He only wanted something that felt livelier on the street. I think it's a great mod for stop light fun.

The guy isn't tracking it. He only wanted something that felt livelier on the street. I think it's a great mod for stop light fun.

Ya I totally agree.... Joking :rofl: I still honestly can't see the point. What fun is it when you can't get any traction in 1st or 2nd gear??? My truck just had bolt-ons and it was already maxing out the 4.56's. When I was planning on putting that motor package I had into the truck I was going to swap out the 4.56 for 4.10. What ev, to each their own. Just doesn't make sense to have gearing so low you can't use the first two gears. :hmmmm2:

Ya I totally agree.... Joking :rofl: I still honestly can't see the point. What fun is it when you can't get any traction in 1st or 2nd gear??? My truck just had bolt-ons and it was already maxing out the 4.56's. When I was planning on putting that motor package I had into the truck I was going to swap out the 4.56 for 4.10. What ev, to each their own. Just doesn't make sense to have gearing so low you can't use the first two gears. :hmmmm2:

Lots of heat here to keep my tires sticky :):rock:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/finally-5-13-driving-vid-burnout-61795/

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back