New guy from Chitown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireman512

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just picked up an 05 Quad Cab with little over 50K on the odo last week and so far I am having a ball with it. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and soaking up a lot of the good info on this site!:D

welcome bro, im down by peoria. i drove to chicago to trade my qc for a rc.

may we have some pics of your truck and a little more info?

Welcome bud! Youll love this place. Once you become a supporting member check out the do-it your self section. Lots of good info on there

Thanks everybody!

So far I've only taken a couple of pics of the truck since I picked it up. Once I start changing things a bit, I'll start taking a whole lot more.

Attachments

• 2011-06-16_17-06-45_974.jpg
    2011-06-16_17-06-45_974.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 105
  • 2011-06-19_12-58-17_124.jpg
    2011-06-19_12-58-17_124.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 87
nice. who would have ever thought a Fireman would buy a red truck. lol

it would make a nice pic in ur firehouse next to some of the rigs, just a thought. unless ur Capt. is a dick. nice rie bro, have fun, and thank you for your service

nice. who would have ever thought a Fireman would buy a red truck. lol

it would make a nice pic in ur firehouse next to some of the rigs, just a thought. unless ur Capt. is a dick. nice rie bro, have fun, and thank you for your service

I would take a picture like that, but since my unit just moved to Ohare airport,
my rig is the only one that's red. All of the other rigs are bright green. When I get to the firehouse tomorrow, I'll snap a few pics of the rigs.

I would take a picture like that, but since my unit just moved to Ohare airport,
my rig is the only one that's red. All of the other rigs are bright green. When I get to the firehouse tomorrow, I'll snap a few pics of the rigs.

I bet it would look good next to my Rig:D:D:D

979-drillrig-003.jpg

979-drillrig-003.jpg

Now that's a DRILL!

hahaha, yup. i was actually in ur neck of the woods last Thanksgiving. I drilled a new const. house, beach front on the lake and drilled 3 holes at 500 feetdeep through solid rock. the last hole took me 4.5 hours to reach depth. she is not short on power:D:D:D. in normal conditions, ie sand, gravel, clay. i can dill 150' in 18 min. that is my personal best record:rock:

damn that thing is big. what does it weigh??? my rig is pretty compact, but the pump, rods, and tools weigh it down pretty good. its close to 50,000lbs. but last year i was helping at harvest and pulled a load into the elevator at 111,000 lbs. and engine brake or not, that takes a minute to slow.. would have been one hell of a fine, if i got caught, that is. i was hauling soybeans.

My rig is about 55,000 lbs., 44ft long, 12ft high. It's a straight axle w/ about 8ft of rear overhang, so driving it in the city can be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back