new guy here got some ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastestbrickonearth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got a 05 rc srt10 and it has a volant ram air and magnaflow cat back so far as i know. all my freinds have lightnings and they make me sick. one runs a 980 one runs a 1160 and the other well just got the motor in the truck. they are a bunch of crap talkers saying im gonna run 14s. i wanted to ask what i can do to put this truck on a diet. also i want to get some light weight 17 with some slicks. im gonna get an sct tuner soon. can anyone give me some links to some speed shops for these trucks and i live in jersey are there any good places near here for tuning these trucks also any little tricks to improve my times i dont really want to go to deep into the motor with my mods but any bolt ons would be good. and what are people useing as far as roller rockers go. thanks for the input.

Get with Stinker (Tony) at http://jtsvp.com/
He can hook you up with anything you need. Just give him your AMEX account # and have him keep your signature on file.:D
Also check the BUY/SELL section. I think there's a nice set of 17" Drag radials and wheels and also someone was selling a used SCT. Any used one will work, you just have to get the custom tunes for your truck. And you should be well into the 13's as it sits now, as long as you can hit all the gears (Jack :dontknow: ):D and get it to hook.
Also, check with justin at http://www.jmbperformance.com/store/. He's been know to do some pretty sick shit with boost and spray.

Last edited:
this is what you should do

delete the midpipes. i strongly rec a set from jmb performance. well worth the $$$

The volant is good since you already have it. many talk down on it but the fastest n/a truck has one so there you go.

caltracs and qa1's help a bit

sct with some good tunes:rock:

and last but not least some slicks or DR's

with this combo if you can drive this thing and shift you can pull a mid 12 to high 12 but dont be surprised if you do pull a 14 or multiple 13's...

Once you do get good at launching this thing a 150 shot will put you nicely in the 11;s

Love your name FBOE.:rock: :rock:

Welcome to the rbc. Tell 'em you woulda bought a Lightning but you could afford a real truck:D :D

relocate the batt to right rear corner, Justin @ JMB
cal tracs, Stinker @ JTSVP
poly bushin, complete, Stinker @ JTSVP
stage 3+ Spec clutch with their aluminum flywheel & hydraulics, Stinker @ JTSP
Belinger long tubes, catless mid, Sean @ Roe Racing
PowerStick mufflers. work well with the Magnaflow tail pipes. Stinker @ JTSVP
STC tunes, Dan @ DCPerformance. Stinker @ JTSVP. Sean @ Roe Racing.
life time engine oil cooler lines & p/s lines. Stinker @ JTSVP. A FRIGGIN MUST on these items
plugs, plug wires & coils,coils are in the makin. Stinker @ JTSVP
B&M short throw shifter. not sure on that one
SRP Racing pedals.
not a bad short list:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

Welcome to the club......a stock Lightning is a 14s vehicle with a good driver and good track....a 10 is a low 13/high 12s vehicle with a good driver and track.............like any vehicle the Ford can be made faster with $$.......

Welcome from NY. Lots of good info here. Thunk about coming to the orchard beach car show on the 26th. Bunch of members will be there with the trucks.

thanks for all the info. im in vineland new jersey viper. and yea man my pockets run deep especially for shuting up my stupid ford freinds me and my brother are on a mission to show them mofos what dodge is all about. my brother chris has a 2003 dakota rt rc and should have his motor back in couple weeks like 11 thousand later looking to go low 11s or the ever elusive 10s. i sould my corvette just so i could get a dodge truck to compete on the same playing feild as them. one more thing does anyone know of companys making lexan windows or carbon fiber replacement panels for this truck?

spray said:
Hope you have deep pockets

Why :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :D . Look for deals my friend, I picked up my K&N intake new, roe racing TB new, Midpipes thanks andrew, pcm b&g stage 2 flash, all under 1000.00 there is alot of good guys on here and give good deals. Best forum I have ever been on.

fastestbrickonearth said:
thanks for all the info. im in vineland new jersey viper. and yea man my pockets run deep especially for shuting up my stupid ford freinds me and my brother are on a mission to show them mofos what dodge is all about. my brother chris has a 2003 dakota rt rc and should have his motor back in couple weeks like 11 thousand later looking to go low 11s or the ever elusive 10s. i sould my corvette just so i could get a dodge truck to compete on the same playing feild as them. one more thing does anyone know of companys making lexan windows or carbon fiber replacement panels for this truck?

I have seen the carbon fibre hood on ebay, Made by VIS round 875.00 plus shipping. I am going to get that hood soon.

welcome and goodluck on the track , kill them Ford's :rock:

FerrariTruck said:
dont waste your money on light body panels

Why you say that? Rule of thumb less weight = better time for him. what did i hear before every 100 pounds is a tenth off. I know for the neons you can get CF doors,hood,trunk,fenders almost anything. I just like the CF look and my truck is black so it looks almost factory.

Brother you have come to the right place !!! Welcome and enjoy your stay. The speed freaks around here will have your Ford friends wearing disguises soon!:p

kool - then ur about 15 min from me :) im in deptford area " sewell "

there is alot of good ppl on this forum... and willing to help you out,...

look for the deals and once again welcome to the RBC

joemags54 said:
Brother you have come to the right place !!! Welcome and enjoy your stay. The speed freaks around here will have your Ford friends wearing disguises soon!:p

speed freaks ?? where ??? lol :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back