New guy in Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures...finally!

After a couple weeks of tinkering, I finally got around to snapping some photos. Flat black stripes, Magnaflow catback, K&N intake, Groundforce lowering kit 1/2, KMC backseat wheels with 4" lip, 1/4" wheel spacers, tinted windows, tonneau cover, body-color handles/mirrors were all on the truck when I bought it. I started out with a complete fluid change (Mobil1 15W-50, ATF in the tranny, 75W-90 differential), new oil and power steering lines (stock ps line was leaking above the pump, turns out), stainless brake lines, and polyurethane sway bar bushings from Stinker (excellent customer service, by the way--I called with a question in the middle of the ps line install and got his voicemail, and within 15 minutes Tony had called back!). Then, a little paint on the interior trim pieces:
VTCOA 1.JPG
Installed a B&M short-throw and a JVC Arsenal (headunit and amps)/Kicker sound system. Component speakers in the doors with the tweeters mounted in the sail panels, amps and 12" CVR subwoofer on the back wall of the cab, coaxials in the stock rear-fill location:
VTCOA 2.JPG
VTCOA 3.JPG
Also, I pulled the whole interior out and laid vibration-damping mat (Second Skin Damplifier), closed-cell acoustic foam, and mass-loaded vinyl (1 lb/sq ft--used about 60 sq ft. But I don't weigh much, so I figure the truck can take the extra weight). No annoying drone now!

On the outside, I rattle-canned the calipers Snakeskin Green to match my new JMB emblems (will probably powdercoat them in the future, when I feel like spending more):
VTCOA 4.JPG
VTCOA 5.JPG
I also put in a black honeycomb grill, black headlights with clear side reflectors, HID heads and fogs (6000K), and LED lighting everywhere else. The parking lights are especially cool--they shine white until the turn signal is applied, then they flash amber.

The whole thing:
VTCOA 6.JPG
VTCOA 7.JPG
Whadya think?

Last edited:
Those lines look fantastic, Tony. Especially the brake lines. I did stainless lines on the GTS, and the kit I bought for that wasn't nearly as well-prepared as yours--no clamps for the ABS line, no mounting hardware for line routing, etc. (and no directions).

Vman455 said:
Those lines look fantastic, Tony. Especially the brake lines. I did stainless lines on the GTS, and the kit I bought for that wasn't nearly as well-prepared as yours--no clamps for the ABS line, no mounting hardware for line routing, etc. (and no directions).
we can do ANY brake line kit, and most of the time better and cheaper than wht you can buy them for;) all I need is the guide line to go by

glad you likem buddy:rock:

moparracing said:
looks good.... :)

sure does rain alot in that state..... ;) :D

Tell me about it...that week and a half of good weather I had it all torn apart and couldn't drive it...

JRSVIPR said:
Very nice, Wonder how it would look with green stripes?:dontknow:

I wonder the same thing; maybe even a green stripe down the middle.

Vman455 said:
After a couple weeks of tinkering, I finally got around to snapping some photos. Flat black stripes, Magnaflow catback, K&N intake, Groundforce lowering kit 1/2, KMC backseat wheels with 4" lip, 1/4" wheel spacers, tinted windows, tonneau cover, body-color handles/mirrors were all on the truck when I bought it. I started out with a complete fluid change (Mobil1 15W-50, ATF in the tranny, 75W-90 differential), new oil and power steering lines (stock ps line was leaking above the pump, turns out), stainless brake lines, and polyurethane sway bar bushings from Stinker (excellent customer service, by the way--I called with a question in the middle of the ps line install and got his voicemail, and within 15 minutes Tony had called back!). Then, a little paint on the interior trim pieces:
View attachment 41018
Installed a B&M short-throw and a JVC Arsenal (headunit and amps)/Kicker sound system. Component speakers in the doors with the tweeters mounted in the sail panels, amps and 12" CVR subwoofer on the back wall of the cab, coaxials in the stock rear-fill location:
View attachment 41019
View attachment 41020
Also, I pulled the whole interior out and laid vibration-damping mat (Second Skin Damplifier), closed-cell acoustic foam, and mass-loaded vinyl (1 lb/sq ft--used about 60 sq ft. But I don't weigh much, so I figure the truck can take the extra weight). No annoying drone now!

On the outside, I rattle-canned the calipers Snakeskin Green to match my new JMB emblems (will probably powdercoat them in the future, when I feel like spending more):
View attachment 41021
View attachment 41022
I also put in a black honeycomb grill, black headlights with clear side reflectors, HID heads and fogs (6000K), and LED lighting everywhere else. The parking lights are especially cool--they shine white until the turn signal is applied, then they flash amber.

The whole thing:
View attachment 41023
View attachment 41024
Whadya think?

Excellent Job ..... Love the black and Green colors w/ the silver .... Sweet
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details