New Guy Intro

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All,

Got my '10 on Monday night. This is my 2nd SRT. The first was an '06 Magnum. It was an awesome car, but when my wife traded it, and the need for arose for a second vehicle, I knew I wanted a '10. After an extensive search, I ended found what would become my truck. It is an '04 RC with 15k miles. The truck is my daily driver. I've put about 200 miles on it so far and loved every singe one of them. VTCOA has been a frequent stop for my for several years. But I didn't have a legitimate reason to post until now :D .

I do have a couple questions. I tried using the search to find answers, but to no avail. Perhaps my search-foo is weak?
1.) Is there supposed to be cup-holder inserts in the console?
2.) What settings does everyone use for the stock stereo? It sounds great when the volume is up. But the tonal definition is poor when the volume is down.

Below is the only picture I have handy.

Looking forward to hanging around awhile,
-Chris

Attachments

• Grand Junction-20110727-00111.jpg
    Grand Junction-20110727-00111.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 146
Congrats on the purchase! I've had mine just over a year now and still love it! Where do ya live?

Congrats on the purchase! I've had mine just over a year now and still love it! Where do ya live?

Thanks for the congrats. I'm in Colorado (updated my profile too). I haven't seen anyone else from Colorado on here?

-Chris

All,

Got my '10 on Monday night. This is my 2nd SRT. The first was an '06 Magnum. It was an awesome car, but when my wife traded it, and the need for arose for a second vehicle, I knew I wanted a '10. After an extensive search, I ended found what would become my truck. It is an '04 RC with 15k miles. The truck is my daily driver. I've put about 200 miles on it so far and loved every singe one of them. VTCOA has been a frequent stop for my for several years. But I didn't have a legitimate reason to post until now :D .

I do have a couple questions. I tried using the search to find answers, but to no avail. Perhaps my search-foo is weak?
2.) What settings does everyone use for the stock stereo? It sounds great when the volume is up. But the tonal definition is poor when the volume is down.

-Chris

Welcome and congrats on purchasing the baddest ass truck in the world!
1. Cupholder inserts should be there!
2. Just type in the keyword you are searching for ( ex. air filter) in SEARCH
3. The stereo is OK but that's about it. I think it really depends on which radio you were blessed with. It will say in little letter on the radio itself. ex. RB4, RB1, etc.

WELCOME! :rock::burnout: i have the 6-cd changer in dash (not sure what model it is) only mods i did... changed out the sub speaker for a better one and stuffed poly-fill in the box. sounds pretty good to me:dontknow: and the cup-holders should have little rubber "mats" in the bottom, is that what your talking about?

Dudes,

Thanks for all the replies!

Sounds like I am missing the cup holder inserts. I'll check out Dragon (assuming that's another member?) for replacements.

I've got the NAV head unit & Infinity sub. At low volume everything sounds a little muffled... For anyone that plays guitar, I can explain it like this: It sounds like the tone knob on the guitar is all the way down, and I want it all the way up (full definition). Again, not really a big deal, just thought I would ask.

Thanks again everyone,
-Chris

All,

-Chris
Welcome to the forum,I pulled this thread up from the search bar,This is the direction i went. http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/music-my-ears-30638/

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back