New guy oil change question

Hey guys, what if I go with like 5-6 qts of 0w-40 and the rest 15-50? would that be ok for 40-70 degrees (F). I ask because I don't feel comfortable putting in straight 15w-50 over here in England, but I got mobil 1 15w-50 on sale for $1.99/qt, seriously lol

On a side note, if its ok to mix these viscosities, should I stick with the mobil 1 for the 0w40?

As always, thank you guys!

Hey guys, what if I go with like 5-6 qts of 0w-40 and the rest 15-50? would that be ok for 40-70 degrees (F). I ask because I don't feel comfortable putting in straight 15w-50 over here in England, but I got mobil 1 15w-50 on sale for $1.99/qt, seriously lol

On a side note, if its ok to mix these viscosities, should I stick with the mobil 1 for the 0w40?

As always, thank you guys!

Use the 0W40 and be done with it. Especially if you achive the 10 psi per 1000 rpm hot. Check the Mobil 1 site for confirmation on your question....

Mixing Motor Oil Viscosities to Achieve Achieve 5W-50 Oil

Recommended for our trucks...

0W-40 Synthetic Oil | Mobil 1â„¢ 0W-40

I'll send you copy of the letter. What is your bank account routing number so I know where to send it? Bro, you need to check the voltage output on the flux capacitor before determining what weight and brand of blinker fluid oil to use. And YES, the wrong oil will absolutely turn a "serious problem" dash light on. :D

Lmao :D

Run whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Our trucks will drive along with anything from a thick 20wt oil to a thick 60wt and you won't notice a difference. If you are track racing its a different story.

I have. I'm quite keen on castrol 0w-30 for the parts of the year I don't race. It also ran fine on half 5w-20 and half 5w-30 Pennzoil Ultra once.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back