***New Guy on the fence in MA***

Ironman715

Reaction score
I have a deposit down on an 05 RC. I would be giving up my beloved GTO for the 10. The 401whp/396wtq Goat has been my DD for 3 years. Rain snow or shine it gets driven. The guys on that forum told in me "impossible" "garage it get a beater" etc. But here we are after 3 harsh New England Winters.

Other than the gawdy snakeskin interior accents its a nice truck and performs on par with the Goat according to my butt dyno. Shifting is a bit awkward compared to the Goat as well.

At any rate I was curious if there is anything I should be looking for? It has 63k on it and seems well loved and not to badly beaten. The rear sub box seemed loose to me(is this normal? is it NOT bolted down to something?)

It seems I may have to get a 20x8 set of rims to mount winter tires on. In truth I would prefer a 20 as it would be way easier to find tires for and should be cheaper.

If I don't get this I'm going to get a GMC Canyon with the 5.3 and put a front mount turbo on.

The aftermarket support seems OK for these. Any great places to get streetable cams? heads? TB? Based on my quick research HP Tuners seems to cover tuning for this so that's a plus.

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Thanks for your time and information.

'Moe

I just got out of a 06 BOM GTO with a Maggie. Truck feels like a turd compared to it, but the truck weighs about 2k more than the goat (I have a quad cab).

Most people here do not tune their own trucks. They usually get a SCT tuner and get tunes from someone like Torrie.

Good luck!

I just traded my 04 GTO in as well as my 06 TBSS. It seems like a decent truck. Only put around 600 miles on it so far.

My truck is my daily. The 22's see Colorado snow, ice, etc. With a set of 20's and decent tires it might even feel safe. Lol.

There is great technical aftermarket support (VR1 Racing Posts here daily, and JTSVP is here a lot too), but parts are significantly more expensive than anything LS based.

Stock trucks don't have snakeskin accents anywhere, so someone has added that to the truck you are looking at.

There are a couple common things that will need replacing. Oil cost lines are usually the first to go.

The kid in me wants the "Viper" truck but the mod man in me KNOWS LS motors. I'll do some more digging.

How do these handle boost and or Spray?

I was thinking I could use most of my turbo parts(had planned a turbo goat with 600whp because 401whp all motor was not enough haha)

'Moe

Got a link to the truck you're looking at? We may know who it belonged too. They don't do boost on stock internals well at all, I spray mine with a 200 shot of nitrous on a stock bottom end. Unless you have deep pockets the best thing you can do is take weight off of them.

I have a deposit down on an 05 RC. I would be giving up my beloved GTO for the 10. The 401whp/396wtq Goat has been my DD for 3 years. Rain snow or shine it gets driven. The guys on that forum told in me "impossible" "garage it get a beater" etc. But here we are after 3 harsh New England Winters.

Other than the gawdy snakeskin interior accents its a nice truck and performs on par with the Goat according to my butt dyno. Shifting is a bit awkward compared to the Goat as well.

At any rate I was curious if there is anything I should be looking for? It has 63k on it and seems well loved and not to badly beaten. The rear sub box seemed loose to me(is this normal? is it NOT bolted down to something?)

It seems I may have to get a 20x8 set of rims to mount winter tires on. In truth I would prefer a 20 as it would be way easier to find tires for and should be cheaper.

If I don't get this I'm going to get a GMC Canyon with the 5.3 and put a front mount turbo on.

The aftermarket support seems OK for these. Any great places to get streetable cams? heads? TB? Based on my quick research HP Tuners seems to cover tuning for this so that's a plus.

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Thanks for your time and information.

'Moe

Just curious since you mention the snakeskin interior, but is your truck black?

Do you have a preference on the truck you want? Does it have to be black? I have a truck that is about to hit the market that I can send you some details on if you're interested.

Does not have to be black. Not a huge fan of red but the right price etc. Not sure how wed work trading the GTO from MA to PA. But send me details sir.

[email protected]
or give me a ring 203-679-WELD(9353)

Does not have to be black. Not a huge fan of red but the right price etc. Not sure how wed work trading the GTO from MA to PA. But send me details sir.

[email protected]

This truck actually came from MA. I am at work until 1, once I get home I will shoot you an email with the details and some pictures.

This truck actually came from MA. I am at work until 1, once I get home I will shoot you an email with the details and some pictures.

The fact it had repaired accident does not bother me but the fact it was registered, seemingly, as Silver then painted black gives me pause.

Cool man I look forward to the email.

Heres the link again:
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Srt-10 Base 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB For Sale In Seymour Beacon Falls Bethany Green Light Auto Sales LLC

'Moe

I meant my truck, I picked it up in MA.

whats the paint code on the door sticker???

[email protected]

I just sent you an email with the details on the truck.

I pulled my deposit. To many unknowns. To me its a big red flag that it was registered as one color then damaged...hit a guard rail in Feb...then registered to show it was black a few years later... HI I'M A RED FLAG.

The snake skin interior was off putting as well.

'Moe

I pulled my deposit. To many unknowns. To me its a big red flag that it was registered as one color then damaged...hit a guard rail in Feb...then registered to show it was black a few years later... HI I'M A RED FLAG.

The snake skin interior was off putting as well.

'Moe

There was a member on here back in 2005 that also had snakeskin interior, but it isn't the truck you are showing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back