New Member for winnipeg canada eh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slitherbeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello this seems like a really informative site so i will be makin' it my homepage!!! i have a black 04 SRT-10 that just got delivered a couple days ago ,so i need to do the inspection. i got it from texas. can't wait to drive it!!! for thoughs who have imported theirs; is it difficult or expensive to have daytime running lights installed on the truck. it is part of the canada laws to have running lights. i apologize if this is the wrong topic for this section . i spend every free moment on this site to learn all i can about my new addiction. it will take a bit of time to get familiar with using this site . please be patient with me . :toilet:

Welcome Canada!! There are no dumb questions or wrong places to post (well sorta) here and congrats on your new ride :rock:

Welcome to the VTCOA.....no question is out of place or dumb....I dont know about the lights but I am sure somebody here does...if you dont get an answer within 24 hrs just post on this thread again to bump it to the top...late time like this a lot will miss it....

Hucksrt10 said:
hello this seems like a really informative site so i will be makin' it my homepage!!! i have a black 04 SRT-10 that just got delivered a couple days ago ,so i need to do the inspection. i got it from texas. can't wait to drive it!!! for thoughs who have imported theirs; is it difficult or expensive to have daytime running lights installed on the truck. it is part of the canada laws to have running lights. i apologize if this is the wrong topic for this section . i spend every free moment on this site to learn all i can about my new addiction. it will take a bit of time to get familiar with using this site . please be patient with me . :toilet:

Welcome Huck!

Talk to your local dealership, if I remember correctly it's a module that you just need to plug in for daylight running lights.

How many miles on it? Did it come with any mods and if you don't mind, how much did it cost to ship here?

Will

thanks for the welcome

How many miles on it? Did it come with any mods and if you don't mind, how much did it cost to ship here?

it cost 1600 bucks US for the shipper and then the broker took 625, 100 bucks for the AC tax, 7% GST ( that is a tax we pay on the purchase price) 206.70 for the motor vehicles branch then there will be the daytime running lights and the inspection and the 6% PST to get it insured and then insurance. i paid 27880.00 with only 6163 miles on it.it arrived last friday and i let my wife drive it tonight and she put 103 dollars gas in it. this is getting expensive!!! ha ha ha !!! might be a while before i get the ROE supercharger LOL i work in ft. macmurry alberta and i finally get on a plane to see the "Big Dog" on thurday !!! not getting much sleep !!!

Welcome to the site. Enjoy, there is much to learn here.

DRL's is just a setting in the computer. All they have to do is go in and enable them. My dealer did it for $35 US. I was tired of everyone pulling out in front of me in my silver truck. Once enabled, release the parking brake and they should come on. It has seemed to help some. Welcome

I bought mine in PA 2 years ago, 2000K and 31USD, had it shipped to TO.

Take it to Canadian Tire and the only modification required is the DTL, cost was about 300.00 for the full inspection, lights and certification.

Love the truck and have had 0 issues, I bought after market warranty 4yr/80KM for about 2,000.00.

Just be aware that the OEM tires list @ 1,100.00 EACH, in Canada-you can buy them from Tire Rack for about 160.00 USD each. At this price it is worth it to buy now and store until you need them, which will be sooner than you think.

I trust you are storing it for the winter, enjoy your new ride.

Welcome Bud!:beer:

Post up a couple of pics already!:D

Welcome to the site Huck...I'm pretty new here also...SRT trucks are
absolutely BAD ASS...Talk to you...:burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back