New member from central Louisiana

flamesarewicked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a clean black 2005 RC SRT last weekend and I love it. I bought it from fellow member "SR71" on the forum. It has 92k on the clock as well.. I haven't driven it much yet because of I'm recouping from a pretty bad accident I was in. Its mostly stock except for only a magnaflow muffler swap and k&n drop in. It has been lowered a tad, debadged, and wingless. The oil cooler lines have been upgraded along with the power steering ones as well. Its pulling an evap code now which I've read is a common easy fix on these trucks. All of those mods were done before my ownership. No plans of any further mods..maybe an sct tuner in the future. I'm using my tablet so I'm gonna try to upload some photos. It does have the viper tags on the hood and SRT in the grille left. While I have a new thread going...anyone know by chance if a normal Hurst white ball handle will thread right on the stock handle?..the Stock one is showing its age and I always loved the classic white handle look. Considering maybe upgrading the handle to the old school Hurst pistol grip. I think it would be a nice touch...well my tablet isn't letting me add pics so ill get on my laptop in a little bit to upload some photos to show y'all.....looking forward to getting to know the site and learning all I can on these trucks.

16343190510_9bac9588e0_b.jpg

15909769253_12860c09fe_b.jpg

16528923402_ff274f6368_b.jpg

16342588110_29ba850c1d_b.jpg

16504108676_52a47172a4_b.jpg

16528940372_7af430311d_b.jpg

15907520394_ecd8f0a38c_b.jpg

and this is the shifter id like to swap to at some point in time. maybe until then I can swap to a classic Hurst white ball shift handle...

16528858442_48ea9a72db_o.jpg

Welcome from Kansas to the fun world of viper trucks. I have a pistol grip shifter and love it

Thanks bro...I'm coming from owning mustangs and with those the forums are always popping...not used being a member of a forum to such a low production vehicle. Glad to be here none the less.

Congrats and welcome to the RBC (Red Button Club)

Pistol grip all the way man....ive read so many times that these things are a total blast to drive. The previous owner of whom ive known flr quite a while said it was a total blast to drive. So knock on wood for friday at my docs appointment will end in good news and ill be able to drive it regularly. Im in a neck brace and by law i cant drive with it on. However i can with a soft collar that im anticipating on going to on friday...neck braces blow to those who never had to wear one lol.

No need to mod an old pistol grip shifter. Gun slinger makes the handle that bolts right in. You can pick different grips to suit you

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back