New member from N. Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

I just purchased a silver '05 QC SRT-10, and it will be delivered to me on Wednesday this coming week. I'm pumped about it! It is bone stock with 6100 miles on the clock.

I've just been here a couple of weeks, and all of you really helped me out with some of my questions...when I was contemplating the purchase.

The primary reason for purchasing a QC is that it will allow me to carry more people than my current truck, which is a low-12 sec Lightning. I know most of you probably can't stand Lightnings, but I look at it like this... without the Lightning, Dodge probably would never have built the Ram SRT-10, so we should at least thank Ford for providing the niche to create some competition. :)

Most likely I will not mod my new truck too much, as it will be my daily driver, although adding a 5psi Roe blower would be awfully cool for a little extra punch. I figure the very least will be a CAI and Stage 2 tune. I understand the QC's benefit greatly from a reflashed PCM, so that sounds like a good, easy mod to do.

My current list of vehicles is in my sig. I am planning to sell my 300C (which is a really nice car, BTW) since the SRT-10 will take the place of the Lightning and it. I may get another hot-rod to mess with (GT500 or used Viper) to fill the garage space after both of those vehicles are gone.

I've been a hot-rodder for the last couple of decades, since I graduated from college. I never leave anything bone stock (except the wife's vehicles... she just shakes her head), and have spent a lot of time building forced induction combos and tuning EFI stuff (Ford/Chevy to this point). My first hot-rod was a '90 5.0 Mustang that ran mid-10s in street legal form for a long time...then I just got to the point where my kids were getting bigger and I just wasn't racing much, so I sold it.

I've owned a Gen 1 Lightning, a Gen 2 Lightning (since '99... I've had a '99 and an '04, so I've driven one of those trucks for the last 9 years), a '96 Cobra, a '98 Saleen S351, a '69 427 Corvette, and now the vehicles you see below, including an '02 Z06 with a Lingenfelter twin-turbo package on it (11.2 @ 138 on radials with 4 passes on it).

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and I sincerely appreciate the warm welcome I've been offered to this point. I look forward to learning a lot about the Ram SRT-10 from you all.

Welcome to the club,I'm sure your gonna catch the "MOD BUG" Enjoy the new ride. I would go SCT over a flash,more options with the SCT.

Howdy,that vet sounds fun,welcome to the asylum,stinker has all the mods you could imagine for the viper ram,line loc:rock: :burnout: :rock:

Thanks guys...

I agree, SCT is what I will get. I'm used to those anyway. Stinker already has a BedRug coming for me. It will be here before the truck is. LOL

Welcome brother, You will love them , well as soon as you paint it Black of course. go ahead and bush the little red button

Welcome, where in N. Texas?

The Roe is a great route!

Enjoy!

Welcome to the mad house, where about in North Texas are ya?
:burnout:

Thanks folks. I will get pics of my truck once I get it here to its new home. Should arrive Wednesday.

I am in Allen, TX... 25 miles NE of Dallas.

Welcome to the Family

WA 2 FST said:
Thanks folks. I will get pics of my truck once I get it here to its new home. Should arrive Wednesday.

I am in Allen, TX... 25 miles NE of Dallas.
Bro, you're just a rock throw away from me I work in SW FT worth, but Live in NE FW...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back