New member from N. Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea great place
if you need anythang let me no i own a bodyshop and do all of hoyte dodges work maybe help you out on service work

Welcome....From a lot further away than Texas. Have fun with the mods! You'll just love the truck, very easy to be a daily driver. I do, and get 17 MPG (not that it matters!).

DVSMAX said:
Welcome....From a lot further away than Texas. Have fun with the mods! You'll just love the truck, very easy to be a daily driver. I do, and get 17 MPG (not that it matters!).

Love that color, man. It's about the same color as my '04 Lightning, and that's the color I was looking for in an SRT-10. They just didn't make many of them, and I think that is an '06 color only... and I like the '05 interior better, so that's what I got. But that is just the BEST exterior color out there, IMHO.

17mpg? Wow, that's impressive. I'd be happy to get 12. I expect to get about 10, but most of my driving is city, with some highway mixed in. Glad to hear these things can do that well.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to be able to contribute a little hot-rodding / drag-racing knowledge at some point, but right now my brain is in overdrive trying to learn a LOT about these trucks.

Moze said:
Who did the work on the Vette? Any chance LG was involved?

Nope... 21st Century Musclecars (aka: Lingenfelter south). I don't have any experience with LG, although they are close by.

OK...Louis (the son) tunes my truck and I'm running the Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam. Thought maybe they may have worked on yours.

You go to any of the tracks around here? Any times for the Vette?

Moze said:
OK...Louis (the son) tunes my truck and I'm running the Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam. Thought maybe they may have worked on yours.

You go to any of the tracks around here? Any times for the Vette?

Moze... LG does tuning on the SRT-10? Or do you have a GM truck? I assume the GT2-3 cam is in an LSx based motor.

I used to race a LOT from ~'92-'02. Nowdays, I just don't have time with a 11yr old and a 14yr old. Priorities change. I'm sure I'll get more track time at some point. I've run my Vette a few times. With 1100 miles on it and just a CAI, it ran 12.36 @ 116 on stock F1 radials. With a 125hp shot of nitrous, it ran 11.8 @ 128mph. After pulling the nitrous off and going with a Stage 2 twin-turbo setup, it ran 11.2 @ 138mph on Nitto drag radials, which are the tires that are on it full-time. Obviously, it struggles to hook up at lower speeds. From a 20mph roll in 2nd it absolutely pulls ridiculously hard, and actually hooks up pretty well (spins the tires obviously, but it is accelerating through the spin).

I've raced several mid-10 sec cars (slicks) and this car will eat them alive. The guy at the timeslip booth told me it would be a 9 sec car if I had traction. Maybe. Been down GB Tollroad plenty of times at some significant rates of speed. The beauty of it is that it gets 28mpg on the highway, and the cam is small (about like yours, I'd imagine) so it idles like a stocker. With the stock cats and cat-back, you'd never know it was modified.

Yeah...I originally came on here because I was trying to organize a DFW area fastest truck shootout. I just don't have the time to put into it right now, so it kind of flopped. I have a 99 Silverado with a turboed 6.0l. Best of 12.55 spinning and with the back end getting all loose part way down the track. That was in 90 degree temps with over 60% humidity so it should easily be low 12's as it sits. Going to up the boost from 8 to 14 or so and get some low 11's if I can hook.

I understand the effect priorities have - gotta do what ya gotta do.

Moze said:
Yeah...I originally came on here because I was trying to organize a DFW area fastest truck shootout. I just don't have the time to put into it right now, so it kind of flopped. I have a 99 Silverado with a turboed 6.0l. Best of 12.55 spinning and with the back end getting all loose part way down the track. That was in 90 degree temps with over 60% humidity so it should easily be low 12's as it sits. Going to up the boost from 8 to 14 or so and get some low 11's if I can hook.

I understand the effect priorities have - gotta do what ya gotta do.

That sounds like an awesome truck, man. I think you may have been over on TALON (Dallas area Lightning forum) talking about the truck shootout, or maybe that was someone else.

That is a serious sleeper truck you have. My L runs low-12s, but it is loud and obnoxious. LOL

Yeah I was on TALON too.

Here's a pic of the truck:
IMG_3202.jpg

Hopefully I don't get banned for posting it on VTCOA. :)

There are some nice trucks on here so I keep an eye in case there are ever any DFW area events.

I'm probably the least brand-loyal person on this board, but so far everyone has been really nice to me. ;) I just like fast vehicles, and tend to choose to buy whichever I like the best, irregardless of which badge is on the side.

Awesome looking truck, Moze. Very tastefully done on the exterior. Good luck with it, and getting into the 11s!

WA 2 FST said:
I'm probably the least brand-loyal person on this board, but so far everyone has been really nice to me. ;) I just like fast vehicles, and tend to choose to buy whichever I like the best, irregardless of which badge is on the side.

Awesome looking truck, Moze. Very tastefully done on the exterior. Good luck with it, and getting into the 11s!

I own a 1987 Plymoth Voyager.:p

Thanks - I appreciate the compliment. I guess I'm pretty GM biased but appreciate anything fast. Hard to look at a 12, 11, or 10 second vehicle (especially a truck) and turn your nose up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back