New member, Soon to be New Night Runner Owner, couple mod ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqweak

Reaction score
Hey All,

I got on board with that crazy deal at woodhouse. Picking up an 06 Night Runner RC for the ridiculous ~30k price. Got my financing approved today, so when the trucks show up this week I've got to start planning how to go pick her up in Omaha.

Pretty sure they're gonna throw the magnaflow on for me. Is the QC higher than the RC? I haven't seen an RC up close in person yet but test drove a QC yesterday and was convinced to go with the 2/4 x-metal drop. Should I have them do that as well or drive it home first? They're a huge viper volume dealer so they stock quite a bit aftermarket, but if they don't stock the x-metal kit are there any other drop kits to get or avoid? I don't mind waiting till she's home, but I benefit by rolling the accessories into the loan if i do it now ;)

Speaking of mods, there seems to be a lot of x-metal, roe, dc fans but I never see a mention of Hennessey. I thought they were pretty big in the viper world, do people just stay away cause of the high cost?

I'm in socal and do IT work in the entertainment industry (video games at the moment). Started with Mopar, strayed, and came back for this beast. ;) LeBaron turbo convertible, avenger es, the "other" sport truck ;), bmw m3, and currently driving an 05 mustang GT. Also in there were a suzuki sv650s and my current mechanical mistress: ducati monster s2r 800. My wife Mags is a bit of a gearhead too (her first car was a 73 mach 1 mustang she restored with her dad), so she gave the approval and is just as excited as I am! (yes, I *am* aware that I'm one lucky SOB :D )

just avoid Hennessey like the black plague :( :( :( :(

Voodoo said:
just avoid Hennessey like the black plague :( :( :( :(
Yeah ditto. Welcome and from what I hear Boomers kit is the only way to go. I haven't done it yet. But it is going to happen when the weather starts getting better.

Ohhh yea, Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the RBC dude!!!! Your gonna love your RC..........way different than a quad! Shifting rules...........cept at the track!!! LOL

Must mods.......magnaflow, x metal drop and shifter. Boomers got a great combo deal for the two.....$1k, I believe............unfortunatly you will want the shifter after some full throttle 2nd to (oops) first shifts!!!!! LOL

You scored a great deal at Woodhouse..........as most of us paid full or almost full ticket back in 04.

patrick

Welcome to the forum! :D Oh, I would definitely read up on Hennessey before I dealt with his company if I were you :eek: :eek: :eek: - Good luck:D

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I've never "ordered" a new car, i've always just gone and picked it up (even my 05 gt which i got one of the first of :rock: ), so this anticipation and waiting is killing me! ;)

Wifey said:
Welcome to the forum! :D Oh, I would definitely read up on Hennessey before I dealt with his company if I were you :eek: :eek: :eek: - Good luck:D

Thanks for the info. did some digging and finally managed to pull up the history. :( duly noted.

sqweak said:
Hey All,

I got on board with that crazy deal at woodhouse. Picking up an 06 Night Runner RC for the ridiculous ~30k price. Got my financing approved today, so when the trucks show up this week I've got to start planning how to go pick her up in Omaha.

Pretty sure they're gonna throw the magnaflow on for me. Is the QC higher than the RC? I haven't seen an RC up close in person yet but test drove a QC yesterday and was convinced to go with the 2/4 x-metal drop. Should I have them do that as well or drive it home first? They're a huge viper volume dealer so they stock quite a bit aftermarket, but if they don't stock the x-metal kit are there any other drop kits to get or avoid? I don't mind waiting till she's home, but I benefit by rolling the accessories into the loan if i do it now ;)

Speaking of mods, there seems to be a lot of x-metal, roe, dc fans but I never see a mention of Hennessey. I thought they were pretty big in the viper world, do people just stay away cause of the high cost?

I'm in socal and do IT work in the entertainment industry (video games at the moment). Started with Mopar, strayed, and came back for this beast. ;) LeBaron turbo convertible, avenger es, the "other" sport truck ;), bmw m3, and currently driving an 05 mustang GT. Also in there were a suzuki sv650s and my current mechanical mistress: ducati monster s2r 800. My wife Mags is a bit of a gearhead too (her first car was a 73 mach 1 mustang she restored with her dad), so she gave the approval and is just as excited as I am! (yes, I *am* aware that I'm one lucky SOB :D )

Welcome to the forums... congrats on the 06....at least were starting to see a few of them show up here. Great price on the truck for sure.
X-Metal lowering kit and shifter is "IT"...not sure if Woodhouse would do the install or not :dontknow: but your going to love it.

Welcome sqweak!

Congrats on the purcha$e price!:rock:

As mentioned above - Shifter, lowering kit, and a Magnaflow is a good place to start.;) :D

Welcome to the asylum......and yes.....Stay away from John Hennessey at all costs....

Boomer and DC performance are both quite reliable.......They rule.

SD

thanks guys!

I've been talking with boomer via email (and believe the hype, what a great guy!), Bill P. @ Woodhouse is going to try and get the lowering kit & magnaflows put on for me before I fly out there to pick it up. talk about madness, the mods have already begun and I don't even have her yet! ;)

I am going to wait on the shifter for a bit. I figure there might as well be *something* stock or I won't know what I'm getting for my money. ;D Luckily, I'm local to DC Performance so I'm sure I'll spend some time there soon enough for a PCM upgrade after I've gotten used to the beast.

Howdy Rock Star!

Hi,
I also bought a Night Runner from Bill @ woodhouse on Wednessday.
I live in Simi Valley . Culd pass up the price ..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back