New member with *gasp* another gearing question...

Because it is!

And maybe because I have race DOORS (on raceday) and I have 1 aluminum race seat on race day.......(Doors about 180 lbs less, factory seats, subwoofer and tray about 145 lbs less, and finally the tailgate is 60 lbs.................Bam!:rock:............ Oh and I have fiberglass fenders, and a carbon fiber hood.

Where did you get the lightweight doors, fenders and carbon fiber hood and how much did they cost boss?

Where did you get the lightweight doors, fenders and carbon fiber hood and how much did they cost boss?

The doors are from an 03 Ram work truck (manual windows) that were gutted (no window mechanism, no speaker, no mirror, no door panel) , just an outside doorskin, lexan window in the up position, and a small rod to pop the door open. The doors were $300 for the pair , then about $400 in work and paint to get the finished product. I was lucky enough to get 2 lower SRT plastic panels for $150 to complete the factory look. The hood is VIS cost about $700. The fiberglass fenders (don't know the brand, just search Ram Fenders) were about $270 for the pair, but don't fit without a lot of work, luckily I have a very good body man who did a great job with the install. It takes about 12 minutes to change both doors for race day, then on Monday we reinstall the factory doors and no one knows the difference.

The doors are from an 03 Ram work truck (manual windows) that were gutted (no window mechanism, no speaker, no mirror, no door panel) , just an outside doorskin, lexan window in the up position, and a small rod to pop the door open. The doors were $300 for the pair , then about $400 in work and paint to get the finished product. I was lucky enough to get 2 lower SRT plastic panels for $150 to complete the factory look. The hood is VIS cost about $700. The fiberglass fenders (don't know the brand, just search Ram Fenders) were about $270 for the pair, but don't fit without a lot of work, luckily I have a very good body man who did a great job with the install. It takes about 12 minutes to change both doors for race day, then on Monday we reinstall the factory doors and no one knows the difference.

Thats awesome info:rock:

What were the weight savings from factory to all the light weight goodies

The doors save about 180 lbs, the hood saves 14 lbs, the fenders save 7 lbs each. I have also removed my front sway bar, 14 lbs, most of the metal in the front and rear bumpers, the rear tow bar, spare tire, spare tire holder. factory wheels and tires are about 89-90 lbs each. My front wheel Bogarts and 225-65-18 radial are 45 lbs each, the rear Bogarts (16x10) and M&H Cheater slicks are 43 lbs each. The factory bedliner was about 45lbs. factory seats are about 150 lbs, factory subwoofer is 14 lbs, rear tray is10.5 lbs, tailgate is 60lbs. When I started factory street weight with an aftermarket bedcover was 5,000 lbs with 1/4 tank. Race weight is now 4170 lbs. with 1/4 tank.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back