New Metallica song Anyone?

brokenarrow184

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard the new Metallica song, "The day that never comes"? I heard they had a new CD coming out and thought, mehhh... But I heard their new single on the radio today and it kicks a$$:rock: :congrats:

It really sounded like some of their old stuff. I didnt know who it was when the song started and I was trying to figure it out. I was thinking, this band is going to be awesome as long as it doesnt have some EMO type singer and then after about 30 seconds to a minute I thought, this is Metallica!!!

I gotta see if I can download the song tonight!

The day that will never come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNfNpjWz-Y
They are trying to SOUND like the older albums..even a ripped off riff in here
I will check out the album but I have doubts James can pull it off anymore.
They should have just ball busted and forgot about the radio

I still havent had a chance to listen to much of their new CD yet, listening to all of "the day that never comes". Saw they have "Unforgiven III" on the new CD, thats crap! They never should have made 2!

screw metallicsux and just go get the new slipknot album. its not that they sold out they are in the business of making money and good for them. but as far as their music goes they lost their fire a long time ago. any thing after master of puppets is all about the money and I really love and justice for all so it pains me to say that . but james lost his snarl, they lost jason's rumble, hammit sounds like hes in a hurry , and as far as that second hand cry baby hack of a drummer goes.....well i'll leave that for anoteher time

Last edited:
brokenarrow184 said:
I still havent had a chance to listen to much of their new CD yet, listening to all of "the day that never comes". Saw they have "Unforgiven III" on the new CD, thats crap! They never should have made 2!

New CD is "Ok"... got two good tunes on it...the rest...:dontknow:
Godsmack sounds better to me.... put on a hell of a show too. As stated, early Metallica :rock: the new stuff...notsomuch.

I am sorry to say but I think Avenged Sevenfold is pretty good.
OK so that was out of bounds but.......

You mean to tell me there is actually a radio station that plays hard rock????

"The day that never comes"...............I am hearing "Fade to Black" notes for sure. Drums are definatly Lars (like it)! Jame's voice is good but sounds kinda "off" or something. Prolly just age or a lack of booz in his diet! LOL

Overall, its a very good song IMO, more towards their roots.

I think is very hard for successful bands like Metallica to please all their fans, especially their original ones that got on board before they really hit the mainstream. Lets face it all that cash and success can really shut down the desire to write the emotional songs they wrote when they were brokedicks, hungry and all they had was the music.

Remember when Lars had a mullet??!!!!!:rock:

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back