New Mustang or?????

walenator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I posted that I'm looking for a new ride. Today I drove a new 5.0 Mustang and I was very pleased. It has the cloth int., Brembo brakes, and 19" wheels, and silver like my truck, Maybe 28,5k. Another car is a CarCraft Saleen 420s 2009 with 25k an real clean but they turned me down at $23 out the door. I could go higher but it is getting to close for the same performance as a 2011. Also looking at a 2007 Shelby gt for 26k with 2800 miles which is a new car but rides hard as hell but eye candy to look at, white with silver stirpes, $26k. The local dealer has a 2008 GT with low miles for $17,700 I could trick out. What would you do?

Wait for the 2012 SRT 8 Challenger with the low 12 sec 392 hemi.

bo it depends if you want performance or not, to me tho it would be no question, the shelby isnt as fast sometimes, but something about them jsut draws me, so for me , it would have to be the shelby;)

Wait for the 2012 SRT 8 Challenger with the low 12 sec 392 hemi.

Or..... you could get a new 5.0 for less money then the challenger runs the same times stock for stock.

and take the extra 10 grand that you would of spent on a chally and have a 10 sec stang :)

or look for a 03-04 terminator mustang, do a supercharger swap and really watch your eyes light up.

bo it depends if you want performance or not, to me tho it would be no question, the shelby isnt as fast sometimes, but something about them jsut draws me, so for me , it would have to be the shelby;)

Hey tony I believe they did a test on the shelby, bone stock they did a cold air intake and made something crazy like 40+ hp.

Hey tony I believe they did a test on the shelby, bone stock they did a cold air intake and made something crazy like 40+ hp.

yeah man, and actually there are some really small upgrades and jumps power up substantially, there is a guy in cali I know that has a shelby for sale, has it tuned for 700 or 750? dont remember, but is capable of over 800 with another tune, its black and saweeeet, I may still have a pic, I iwll look an see , not sure if i do or not

You have sipped some blue kool-aid havent you...;)

well Larry as much as I love my challey and you know I do buddy, I have allways had a fascination with the shelby, to me a regular tang is , well like an arse hole, everybody has at least one, and yeah there quick , but like a camaro, they are jsut everywhere, but the old shelbys are jsut , well wicked looking for there time period, and the new ones carry on some of that spirit.

would I trade the chally for one? it would have to be even up, and then I would have to think on it really really hard, kind of a hard ass when it comes to my rides, LOLOL I wouldnt take 50k for my truck and I wouldnt take less than 45k for the challey, it would take that much for me to even consider, are they worth that? no def not, but to me they def are:D

I would go with.... NO NO NO NO NO NO

Go drive a CTS-V;)

My wife and I drove everything out there over the last year. Mine bone stock is faster than my CE was:vroam:

well Larry as much as I love my challey and you know I do buddy, I have allways had a fascination with the shelby, to me a regular tang is , well like an arse hole, everybody has at least one, and yeah there quick , but like a camaro, they are jsut everywhere, but the old shelbys are jsut , well wicked looking for there time period, and the new ones carry on some of that spirit.

would I trade the chally for one? it would have to be even up, and then I would have to think on it really really hard, kind of a hard ass when it comes to my rides, LOLOL I wouldnt take 50k for my truck and I wouldnt take less than 45k for the challey, it would take that much for me to even consider, are they worth that? no def not, but to me they def are:D

To tell the truth Tony I think the Shelby stang is one of the best lookin cars out there......looks like it wants a piece of you.....;)

Or..... you could get a new 5.0 for less money then the challenger runs the same times stock for stock.

and take the extra 10 grand that you would of spent on a chally and have a 10 sec stang :)

or look for a 03-04 terminator mustang, do a supercharger swap and really watch your eyes light up.

^^^^^ TRUTH. The 2011 Mustang 5.0 is a MONSTER. It will have unlimited upgradability in the coming months/years as well. :):rock:

My exbrother-in-law bought a new 5.0 and with less than 4000 miles on it, it's already in the shop cause the #8 cylinder is shot and also 4 of the 6 bolts that holds the clutch together fell. His brother bought a Shelby last year I think he payed around 60k for it and he to already less than 3000 miles had to change the clutch and also had engine problems. I myself would go with the challenger w/Kenny Bell 3.4 blower sittin on top. It might be a bigger car but a hell of a lot more comfortable seating than the stang and with the blower alot faster. :rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back