New NA ET record @ Sacramento

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a great time at the races. Met with some NorCal buddies Mike (Noid) and Fred (Chefred112), weather was a little warmer than expected but still pretty good. I set a new NA ET record on my second pass (even with a lousy 60' time). Heres a breakdown:

Run 1: 11am, DA 461', 60' 1.752, 1/8th 7.713 @ 90.642, 1/4 mile 12.020 @ 113.105

Run 2: noon, DA 815', 60' 1.809, 1/8th 7.687 @ 91.955, 1/4 mile 11.937 @ 114.556

Run 3: 2pm, DA 1200', 60' 1.849, 1/8th 7.745 @ 91.616, 1/4 mile 12.000 @ 114.681
How close can you come and not run an 11 sec time!

Run 4: 3pm, DA 1270', 60' 1.829, 1/8th 7.768 @ 91.3455, 1/4 mile 12.036 @ 114.196

So I was pretty consistent but as you can see the starting line was getting worse each pass. Run 1 I was the very first truck down the strip and I hooked pretty good leaving at 3500 rpm. Run 2 and 3 I used 3500 rpm, but without further track prep I spun more each time. The fourth pass I lowered my rpm to 3200 (or so) and I bogged. I figure if I could have had the 1.75 60' on that second pass the run would have been at least an 11.88 or better, oh well, next time. Congrats to Mike (Noid) for setting a new Quad Cab NA ET record at 12.43 (sorry Ronnie). :rock: Oh and I think I met the NorCal challenge to our SoCal boys I was the only one from SoCal against an SRT10, 3 Hemis and a Dakota. :rock:

Last edited:
nice job man, what all does noid have done to run that quick? and are you still on the radials or did you get the M&H slicks mounted up?

Nice runs, 11's sound tasty.
Congrats on the new best(s) and record(s)

Congratulations Trainman! You should make a thread about everything you have done to your truck, so us new guys can get an idea what it takes to run that fast.

Congrats but why in the hell will you not put slicks on the truck and drop your ET at least 3 tenths. I know you have the ground calipers I sold them to you.

nice job man, what all does noid have done to run that quick? and are you still on the radials or did you get the M&H slicks mounted up?

Nope, that was still on the drag radials. I need to save up to buy the Bogart 16x10 wheels I need for the M&H Cheater slicks. Noid just has bolt ons, no weight reduction except he bought my old 20x8 front wheels, and I gave him a used set of 390 M&H's. I think he has a Volant Ram Air, a ported throttle body, Mopar headers, and Tony's converter.

Congrats but why in the hell will you not put slicks on the truck and drop your ET at least 3 tenths. I know you have the ground calipers I sold them to you.

I know, I have to save up to buy the Bogart rear wheels and the M&H Cheater slick that I want to try (30" tall), I'm afraid that the Nostalgia slick is a bit too tall at 32"...I might need more power.

Had a great time at the races. Met with some NorCal buddies Mike (Noid) and Fred (Chefred112), weather was a little warmer than expected but still pretty good. I set a new NA ET record on my second pass (even with a lousy 60' time). Heres a breakdown:

Run 1: 11am, DA 461', 60' 1.752, 1/8th 7.713 @ 90.642, 1/4 mile 12.020 @ 113.105

Run 2: noon, DA 815', 60' 1.809, 1/8th 7.687 @ 91.955, 1/4 mile 11.937 @ 114.556

Run 3: 2pm, DA 1200', 60' 1.849, 1/8th 7.745 @ 91.616, 1/4 mile 12.000 @ 114.681
How close can you come and not run an 11 sec time!

Run 4: 3pm, DA 1270', 60' 1.829, 1/8th 7.768 @ 91.3455, 1/4 mile 12.036 @ 114.196

So I was pretty consistent but as you can see the starting line was getting worse each pass. Run 1 I was the very first truck down the strip and I hooked pretty good leaving at 3500 rpm. Run 2 and 3 I used 3500 rpm, but without further track prep I spun more each time. The fourth pass I lowered my rpm to 3200 (or so) and I bogged. I figure if I could have had the 1.75 60' on that second pass the run would have been at least an 11.88 or better, oh well, next time. Congrats to Mike (Noid) for setting a new Quad Cab NA ET record at 12.43 (sorry Ronnie). :rock: Oh and I think I met the NorCal challenge to our SoCal boys I was the only one from SoCal against an SRT10, 3 Hemis and a Dakota. :rock:

Congrats Trainman and Noid !

I haven't had my truck outside for 1-1/2 years; and I guess when you're not paying attention, somebody drives past ya..
So I better get back to work on mine !!
Maybe headers in my future?? :)

Ronnie

Last edited:
Congratulations Trainman! You should make a thread about everything you have done to your truck, so us new guys can get an idea what it takes to run that fast.
My engine is stock internally , but I have the following bolt ons:Form and Function Ported intake, BBK throttle body, Volant ram air, MoFo headers, true dual equal length catless exhaust with an X-pipe, twin Borla race mufflers, 170 therm, underdrive pully,JMB battery relocate kit, QA1 shocks front and rear, CalTracks, McLeod aluminum flwheel and twin disc clutch, JTS Venom coils and wires, JTS Venom shifter and a custom tune by Chris at DC Performance. I removed my front sway bar,I have fiberglass front fenders, carbon fiber hood, no spare, no spare carrier, no tow bar, and on race day I remove the bed cover, tailgate, seats and console, subwoofer, package tray and bolt in a stock cloth manual seat from an 03 Ram. I have a set of lightweight doors (from the 03 Ram) that are completely gutted with only a lexan window and outer skin (no mirrors,door panel,glass,speaker,side beam, window mechanism, or inside door frame.). It takes about 12 minutes to change both doors and saves close to 200 lbs for the pair. I also have Bogart 18 x7 front wheels and M&H 390-40-17 Drag radials on Weld racing 17 x 10 wheels. Oh, and a Hurst line lock. Truck is an 04 RC with 4.56 gears and has 60,520 miles. I almost forgot...I have cryoed and polished spider gears, getting ready to try a cheater slick for more traction.

Last edited:
no video? no timeslip? LOL didnt happen you ol fart:aetsch::aetsch:

SRTBrad had a wedding to video....damn! I have the timeslip, but as you know I have no clue how to post it, I will have either my son or Brad post it if you don't trust me by now. By the way....whats the latest on the carbon fiber driveshaft?

Last edited:
My mods are :
Mopar headers.
Torque converter.
3" inch exhaust from first cats
Caltracs
Ported stock TB
SCT by DC Perf.
Volant
Trainmans old front rims and his old DR's
Can't remember if there is anything else.

And I was spinning of the line every run.

Last edited:
Nope, that was still on the drag radials. I need to save up to buy the Bogart 16x10 wheels I need for the M&H Cheater slicks. Noid just has bolt ons, no weight reduction except he bought my old 20x8 front wheels, and I gave him a used set of 390 M&H's. I think he has a Volant Ram Air, a ported throttle body, Mopar headers, and Tony's converter.

That convertor is good for .4 - .5 tenths, easily in the quarter.

SRTBrad had a wedding to video....damn! I have the timeslip, but as you know I have no clue how to post it, I will have either my son or Brad post it if you don't trust me by now. By the way....whats the latest on the carbon fiber driveshaft?

i answered that on the other forum LOLOLOL

My mods are :
Mopar headers.
Torque converter.
3" inch exhaust from first cats
Caltracs
Ported stock TB
SCT by DC Perf.
Volant
Trainmans old front rims and his old DR's
Can't remember if there is anything else.

And I was spinning of the line every run.

Great job NOID! I am very jealous but hope to catch up soon. I am 13.1 in 2400DA with stock manifolds, hope to get a 500 DA run soon and see if she wakes up any.;)

Damn nice times Trainman and Noid, how much preload are you guys using on your caltracs?

Noid, I'm curious to see your times, from 60ft all the way through.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back