New NA ET record @ Sacramento

...gotta preload those caltracs...
funny how different trucks might be different I was thinking make sure you do NOT preload the caltracs.

preload on mine leads to pure spin.

On and again. Congrats Fred. Winning the brackets. :rock:

You guys dont have anyone that makes long bars like this for your trucks? They work much better for me than the caltracs did.

079.jpg

funny how different trucks might be different I was thinking make sure you do NOT preload the caltracs.

preload on mine leads to pure spin.

On and again. Congrats Fred. Winning the brackets. :rock:

Same here, I been running mine on 1.75 turns past touching and can't get traction. I hear a half turn past touching works best, just wondering what Trainman and Noid is using for thier preload.

You guys dont have anyone that makes long bars like this for your trucks? They work much better for me than the caltracs did.

079.jpg

Nope, problem is pretty much no one makes anything for us and the stuff that's out there is stupid high priced. That's why the vast majority are still pretty much stock. I'm going to just build some ladder bars 48" long and use the factory leaf spring mounts(have to move them forward) then go with some coil overs

Nope, problem is pretty much no one makes anything for us and the stuff that's out there is stupid high priced. That's why the vast majority are still pretty much stock. I'm going to just build some ladder bars 48" long and use the factory leaf spring mounts(have to move them forward) then go with some coil overs

for some diesel trucks you can get something like this set-up.

It's more for 4x4 tho i dunno about traction.

I love my caltracs, truck from a 10mph roll won't even spin, just grabs and goes.

took a few times to get them dialed in. I have the energy suspension leaf bushing kit to put on next, after that the whole rear is done. I did notice it to be stiffer evey since I bought justins rear sway bar lower link kit.

My engine is stock internally , but I have the following bolt ons:Form and Function Ported intake, BBK throttle body, Volant ram air, MoFo headers, true dual equal length catless exhaust with an X-pipe, twin Borla race mufflers, 170 therm, underdrive pully,JMB battery relocate kit, QA1 shocks front and rear, CalTracks, McLeod aluminum flwheel and twin disc clutch, JTS Venom coils and wires, JTS Venom shifter and a custom tune by Chris at DC Performance. I removed my front sway bar,I have fiberglass front fenders, carbon fiber hood, no spare, no spare carrier, no tow bar, and on race day I remove the bed cover, tailgate, seats and console, subwoofer, package tray and bolt in a stock cloth manual seat from an 03 Ram. I have a set of lightweight doors (from the 03 Ram) that are completely gutted with only a lexan window and outer skin (no mirrors,door panel,glass,speaker,side beam, window mechanism, or inside door frame.). It takes about 12 minutes to change both doors and saves close to 200 lbs for the pair. I also have Bogart 18 x7 front wheels and M&H 390-40-17 Drag radials on Weld racing 17 x 10 wheels. Oh, and a Hurst line lock. Truck is an 04 RC with 4.56 gears and has 60,520 miles. I almost forgot...I have cryoed and polished spider gears, getting ready to try a cheater slick for more traction.

Thanks! What is your weight on race day? Any idea what your times are in "street trim" (like if I were to catch you at a stop light)?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
not too many mods will give you that performance for that kind of price for sure LOL rock on man

Agreed

Thanks! What is your weight on race day? Any idea what your times are in "street trim" (like if I were to catch you at a stop light)?

4290 lbs race weight with 1/4 tank and without my body (add220). Street weight is probably close to 4750 without the bedcover... but I won't street race, traction is useless in 1st and 2nd gear (like being in water)....plus its illegal.:rock::burnout: I think my best in street weight (close to 5000 lbs) was 12.69 and I think I turned 12.49 without the bedcover and tailgate. Check out the posting "Trainmans shifting video" and watch the run against the Ford Lightning which was the 12.69 back in 2006 at my first Viper GTG.http://www.thefoat.com/?sg=v.video&video_id=1968 And heres a recent video of my 11.98 run, turn the volume way up and you can hear the shifting real well. http://www.streetfire.net/video/trainman_2085103.htm

Last edited:
Damn nice times Trainman and Noid, how much preload are you guys using on your caltracs?

Noid, I'm curious to see your times, from 60ft all the way through.

7.909 87.340 mph
12.432 107.684 mph

Of all the days you guys have to break 2 records on 1 day............. Wish I was there:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Congrats on the times. Maybe next time I'll be able to do video for you guys.:dontknow:

Of all the days you guys have to break 2 records on 1 day............. Wish I was there:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Congrats on the times. Maybe next time I'll be able to do video for you guys.:dontknow:

werent you banned LOLOL :aetsch:

Same here, I been running mine on 1.75 turns past touching and can't get traction. I hear a half turn past touching works best, just wondering what Trainman and Noid is using for thier preload.
Yeah mine flat spins with preloaded caltracs, eliminates hop to a degree and makes it easier to do a burnout... but that's not the goal.
Basically it defeats weight transfer and just lifts the whole truck.
Word from Calvert is the less preload and or more gap the harder the hit.
My best times have been with probably a 3/16 to 1/4" gap.
It still seems to flat spin but such a spin has much less impact on ET than a bigger spin. and it's not so likely to smoke the tires at the top of 1st like it had got so prone to do without caltracs.

Top hole would hit harder, but with my setup... stock spring location above the axle, I'd have to pull the overload springs to try that.
(06+ hemi QC have the same overload as an SRT10 QC so they can retain the overloads even with the caltracs if the lower hole is used, 05 and back can not)

079.jpg

We had a guy build a set like that for his RC, He too had issues with it not transferring weight to the rear well and flat spinning through 1st gear. and he even had a weaker spinning setup and a flip kit.
like caltracs though it did virtually eliminate any nasty hop. and it did feel like it hit harder 1st -2nd than caltracs do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back