New Rear Mounted Battery Kit

Thanks for the compliments Jack, its been great talking with you!

SrtBrad said:
Now think to make a setup that would leave the original battery in place and add 2 more batteries on both the drivers and passengers rear wheel well. Add an upgraded high output alternater and we audio buffs will be in heaven. I've been looking for a way to bring my amps close to the power source.

Brad

I have already made trays for both sides, you could have 4 batteries total if you wanted. You would just need to wire them all together, but my battery kits have all the hardware and 1g wire to run to the front.
Justin

Justin, what is the largest Optima battery that will fit in the tray?

I'll call you tomorrow to order the battery. Do you still have the same price on the Oddysey PC1500?

Hey Justin!!
Can you send me a paypal invoice for the battery relocation kit and add the engine bay bracket with shipping? Bracket in black wrinkle powder coat for a 2006 RC please.
I'll pay it right away so you send me the kit.
Thanks!!
Pete [email protected]

JMB Justin said:
Heres some installed pics:

Behind door # 1:
100_1803e.JPG

100_1802e.JPG

100_1805e.JPG

I ran the cable on mine through the drivers side frame rail (with grommets in existing factory holes) using a fish tape. It worked out great and I only had to clamp it along a rear crossmember to go from the passengers side to the drivers side. It came out right at the starter.

The stock wiring stays the same in the engine compartment except I removed the battery terminals from the wires, and connected the positive cable to the fusebox. I removed the battery box on the drivers side, but it is a time consuming job and requires a few changes to some stuff. I'll put up some pictures of my bracket I made when its powdercoated and installed.
Justin

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I have a question about the kit. Starting to install mine today and i took the back shield off behind my rear right wheel but there is a bar going from the frame to the bottom of the fender back up to the frame. Making a V where it says to put the tray. I have tried to fit it in but I can't seem to. Does this need to be removed? Will post a pic if this doesn't makes sense when I get back from work.

will this tray fit a 1500 RAM SB? looks the same back there, so I would think it should fit.

Well, I does not fit.. Crazy, cause one would think the beds on an SRT and 1500,2500, & 3500 would be the same.

the leaf pack is wider on my truck then what I see on your pictures. and the bolt on the rear part of the leaf pack, will puncture the batt. I was going to just reverse that bolt to solve that problem. even doing that, the leafs are too wide to allow a batt to fit there.

other issue was the bed, the support you bolted the tray too is nothing more then a stub on my bed. on your bed, that support bends and goes up the inside of the bed. So even if the tray would fit between my rear fender and the leaf springs, I would have no place to bolt it..

So,, I took a cut off wheel to your fine peace of work, and chopped off some of the top part. I then moved and installed it inside the fame on a support. works great!.

I'll post some picks soon. pictures say a 1000 or so words. :)

Hey Justin Just checkin to see how the emblems and stuff were going? I was under my truck the other day and OMG if anybody is thinking of bringing their truck to Germany DON'T my undercariage is Rusted now..SOOOOO Pissed!! I have an annoying exhaust Vibration now and I looked underneath and most of the exhaust is VERY Rusted..they use a ton of salt here during winter and my truck has been sitting for most of the deployment..There may be exhaust sytems being replaced real soon here haha TTYL bud!

Any day, painter called me today and said this week for sure, hes been super back logged

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back