New Rims are on!!

spdrcrj

Reaction score
Not sure if I like them or not. The truck seemed to lose a bit of it's "toughness" in exchange for the bling factor. Thoughts?

Jim

6623100_0913.JPG

6623100_0912.JPG

6623100_0808.JPG

Not for me. I like te viper wheels. I think the viper wheels give the truck a unique look and makes it stand out!!! If i wanted the *BLING* i would of just chromed the OEM wheels!!! My .02....:D

SRT-IZ-4me said:
Not for me. I like te viper wheels. I think the viper wheels give the truck a unique look and makes it stand out!!! If i wanted the *BLING* i would of just chromed the OEM wheels!!! My .02....:D

Ditto.

Looks good but u need to drop the truck. I think that will give the tuffness u are lookin for

I think yer wheels look great bro.........

I like the Viper wheels too......and I'm staying with those....

But I still think yer truck and yer wheels look great..........

SD

v8eater said:
Somehow they look smaller, or at least somewhat of a downgrade. To me, chrome always looks cheaper than polished.:dontknow:

first thing I thought was the wheel are smaller as well, I like the stockers better. But what the hell do I know, I dont own a viper truck you lucky bastards!!!!:D :D

I like them but not something I would have done. Perhaps dropping the truck will improve the looks a great deal. At this point without the drop it looks like a regular 1500 RC with bling. I too would have chromed the stock wheels. But to each his own. That doesn't mean your SRT is weak. It's still a bad azz beast no matter what you have her wearing.

After going back and forth numerous times between pictures with the stockers and the new rims, I think Im going to go back to the stockers. That really sucks since I paid $180 to swap tires and will have to pay another $180 to reverse what I did today. Then sell the new rims off at a loss, of course, because they are "used". Damn it, this modding, not liking it and switching back is expensive. I waste way too much freakin money. :mad:

I have looked at ALOT of rims though, these were the only ones I even considered. There really is no beating the stockers. I think they give the truck that "Viper" personality. I was just trying to do something unique to set me apart from the other 6 Ram SRT-10's around here.

Spdrcrj <~~~idiot.....LOL

Somehow the wheels dont seem to fill the area as the stockers did. I would agree perhaps dropping it would fill the fenderwells and give it a more agressive look/stance. Maybe someone can photoshop a lowering kit on it or your wheels on a black one lowered.

Dude the truck is yours. You must have liked the wheels enough to purchase them and spend the dough to have them installed. You should spend the next set of funds dropping her instead of undoing what you've done. You may really like the look after all. And you will still continue achieving your goal of setting yours apart from the others around you.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Somehow the wheels dont seem to fill the area as the stockers did. I would agree perhaps dropping it would fill the fenderwells and give it a more agressive look/stance. Maybe someone can photoshop a lowering kit on it or your wheels on a black one lowered.

I agree, drop it first and make a decision if you want to get rid of them. I will admit it is different path then most people on this forum but I personally like them. Not too mention, by the time you add up the costs to get rid of them you could buy Boomer's lowering kit...

Will

somebody photo shop shop the truck lowered with the current rims on, see how it looks, them make your decision. Dont base you decision on what other members would do. You asked for opinion's and that''s exactly what it is an OPINION!!!!!

I think they look hot, but I prefer all rims polished or silver. Chrome is too much for me. Still, truck looks great.

twinturbo3150 said:
somebody photo shop shop the truck lowered with the current rims on, see how it looks, them make your decision. Dont base you decision on what other members would do. You asked for opinion's and that''s exactly what it is an OPINION!!!!!

I agree and I do value others opinions. Others may bring up points I have not considered. But.....I've looked at pictures of my truck pre and post wheel mod. This may sound corny and that's fine but, I "feel better" inside when I see the truck with the stockers on. Much more so than with the new rims. Hard to explain. This is a big bad ass tough truck and that's why I bought this Dodge (my first one btw.....I'm a big time chevy guy). I feel it's lost a bit of that with the new rims. Oh well....I never knew I would be so content with the stockers unless I changed them out. Now I know. Like I said....wish it just didn't cost so much. :eek:

spdrcrj said:
After going back and forth numerous times between pictures with the stockers and the new rims, I think Im going to go back to the stockers. That really sucks since I paid $180 to swap tires and will have to pay another $180 to reverse what I did today. Then sell the new rims off at a loss, of course, because they are "used". Damn it, this modding, not liking it and switching back is expensive. I waste way too much freakin money. :mad:

I have looked at ALOT of rims though, these were the only ones I even considered. There really is no beating the stockers. I think they give the truck that "Viper" personality. I was just trying to do something unique to set me apart from the other 6 Ram SRT-10's around here.

Spdrcrj <~~~idiot.....LOL
I wouldn't do that yet. Why don't you consider having the centers & spokes powdercoated black? Costs $250 - 300 for the set. Lower it for $850 I think. All money well spent. A lower stance and black wheels would be bitchin!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back