New Skyline GT-R

RatMotor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a general rule, I hate rice-burners, but the specs are pretty impressive:0-60 in 3.5 sec, quarter mile in 11.7 sec, 192mph top speed, >$80k. Dash is awful, but the engine looks nice. Still rather have a Viper or 'Vette SS for the $.

Attachments

• gtr1.jpg
    gtr1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 95
  • gtr2.jpg
    gtr2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 130
  • gtr3.jpg
    gtr3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 80
  • gtr4.jpg
    gtr4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 124
I'm not sure what the horsepower rating is, or how much boost they're making, but these things are gonna fly once some reputable tuners get a hold of them.

I've been waiting for a Skyline to come to America for 10 years..... It's been the Unicorn of Japanese performance cars....

Now that it's here, it's actually on it's way it'll be interesting to see what we actually get.

I surely wouldn't pay $80,000 for one.......

And while I'm at it, I thought that cars of this ilk weren't supposed to be called "ricer" or "rice burner" anyway. "Whaddup widdat....?"

D

MMmmmm.... Skyline. :drool:

I kinda like the older ones better. :confused: :eek:

R34TE37A.jpg

Impressive specs but the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

i have a friend who imports them from japan well the older ones at least. they are amazing. the problem isnt so much buying it, the insurance is outragous. one was for a 53 year old doctor for a show car, he was paying 16k a year basic coverage :confused: :confused:

Funny... I know where this pic of the blue one was taken and have been there numerous times. Save your money guys. There are many faster and cheaper cars than Skylines. I see them everyday over here and have seen them get spanked "badly" by hopped up 5.0 Rustangs and other speedy machines. Yes, I'm still around... just lurking

Man, long time no see.....................

No kidding, howya doing Japan?? :dontknow: :D :D :rock:

Hello to everyone.. yep, I'm back. Been busy restoring my 55 Chevy over here. Just about broke me of all my $$$ but now nearing completion. Thought I would chime in since I have been absent for so long. How's everyone doing? Haven't been able to keep up with all the happenings. Silverback still out there?

When I worked at Infiniti, there was rumor of a Skyline in our future. . .

To me, that looks like a souped up G.

I still dig it!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back