New Tank....

VNM PWRD said:
2a2d_1.JPG
Why? You don't have Brady's number?

PWNED!!!
:D

Now that right there is FUNNY!!!!! :D :D :D

VNM PWRD said:

i only have a big brother, so start sucking away!!! free hummer's from VNM PWRD:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

QuickSilver said:
How's that blower coming Barry?

Quick
He's still sweet talking her :D :D :D

Luxury with teeth.

I personally think The G55 is a great vehicle and the beauty of the exterior lies in it function.

The interior is drop dead georgous.

It runs hard, and is easy to get it to 600+ Hp, and goes around corners well.

If my bank account were a little flusher I would love to drive a MB G55AMG. I have thought about an AMG for the past 7 years when I first saw one at the SD auto show. An S55 AMG. Big HP, great handling, and a reasonable ride for a vehicle that handles well.

The beauty of a vehicle like a G55, you are not going to see one on every corner.

It seems to be an exclusive club that is reserved for folks that can appreciate quality, and sophistication, and have the resources to step up.

I would preffer a G55 to an H1 even though I am a buy American kind of guy.

They will not be parked alongside the GMC's or Rangers in everybody's driveway.

I think Mike made a great choice in a multipurpose vehicle that probably fits his lifestyle.

I don't want it to seem like I am taking up for Mike here but it seems to me like some here have been taking cheap shots at Mike for his decision to buy a Benz. And you know who you are.

A very wise man told me his dad's favorite saying was;

"Don't ever pass up a chance to keep your mouth shut."

my pops had one for about 6 mo's. doors on that thing were heavy as hell.

Nowwhat said:
http://www.mbusa.com/models/gallery/index.do?modelCode=G55

sorry gang....had to be done...off road with the bikes.....

P.S...DC performance is a Kleeman dealer....= smaller pulley + tune + exhaust = 600hp+.....:rock:
Cool beans Mike!!!! You wont be sorry, its cool to have a holsom bread box with over 500ft lbs of tq bone stock. As a veteran owner of a 10 sec e55(same IDENTICAL drivetrain) amg though, let me offer some advice.....
1. Kleemans K2 package is the best bang for buck mod of their offerings. (ecu remap, crank pulley, headers and sec. cat delete, filters)
2. As soon as you pulley these 55 motors you see great gains on the dyno but unless you run at the track in sub 55deg weather, only gain a tenth or two in the quarter for your 80hp and almost 100ft/lbs tq gain. Reason being the extra boost/spin rate generate so much heat on an already taxed/limited out intercooler system, so as soon as the ecu senses the 200 trillion degree iat.... it yanks timing, dumps extra fuel.... and poof.... its a pig.
3. The most reasonable fix is a intercooler mod by evosport (about 1200 bucks) that includes secondary heat exchanger, and an isolation of the intercooler circuit from the engine coolant with larger volume pump, fittings, hoses, etc. Real easy for dc to install and gives you all your gains on a MUCH more consistant basis.
4. REGARDLESS of what your told by the "pros".... do your own test: run the truck in stock form at the track a couple times in fair weather. Then do the renntech or kleeman mods without the intercooler mod. Be prepared for a shock when you run the same times or just a couple tenths faster.(This of course is temps at 70 or above, as a cold night will make it run a full second faster. Then do the intercooler mod...... and run your full second or faster even in 85 degree weather... back to back to back..... :rock:
my car is an 06 e55 amg, when stock i ran several 12.2 to 12.4@ 114-116s (65 to 73 degree weather)
1. kleeman k2 package installed with nitto drag radials on stock rims... 11.9 to 12.1@117 in 65 to 70degree weather. Then on a cold 62 degree night, 11.6@119!
2. evosport intercooler upgrade: 11.4@121 on three different nights.74-85degrees, ALL the same...lol. Then on a low 60 degree night, three back to back 11.3@ 121-123!
3. 100 shot of nitrous: 10.8@131 on m/ts and ccw rear wheels. :elefant:
GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:
Need4speed said:
Cool beans Mike!!!! You wont be sorry, its cool to have a holsom bread box with over 500ft lbs of tq bone stock. As a veteran owner of a 10 sec e55(same IDENTICAL drivetrain) amg though, let me offer some advice.....
1. Kleemans K2 package is the best bang for buck mod of their offerings. (ecu remap, crank pulley, headers and sec. cat delete, filters)
2. As soon as you pulley these 55 motors you see great gains on the dyno but unless you run at the track in sub 55deg weather, only gain a tenth or two in the quarter for your 80hp and almost 100ft/lbs tq gain. Reason being the extra boost/spin rate generate so much heat on an already taxed/limited out intercooler system, so as soon as the ecu senses the 200 trillion degree iat.... it yanks timing, dumps extra fuel.... and poof.... its a pig.
3. The most reasonable fix is a intercooler mod by evosport (about 1200 bucks) that includes secondary heat exchanger, and an isolation of the intercooler circuit from the engine coolant with larger volume pump, fittings, hoses, etc. Real easy for dc to install and gives you all your gains on a MUCH more consistant basis.
4. REGARDLESS of what your told by the "pros".... do your own test: run the truck in stock form at the track a couple times in fair weather. Then do the renntech or kleeman mods without the intercooler mod. Be prepared for a shock when you run the same times or just a couple tenths faster.(This of course is temps at 70 or above, as a cold night will make it run a full second faster. Then do the intercooler mod...... and run your full second or faster even in 85 degree weather... back to back to back..... :rock:
my car is an 06 e55 amg, when stock i ran several 12.2 to 12.4@ 114-116s (65 to 73 degree weather)
1. kleeman k2 package installed with nitto drag radials on stock rims... 11.9 to 12.1@117 in 65 to 70degree weather. Then on a cold 62 degree night, 11.6@119!
2. evosport intercooler upgrade: 11.4@121 on three different nights.74-85degrees, ALL the same...lol. Then on a low 60 degree night, three back to back 11.3@ 121-123!
3. 100 shot of nitrous: 10.8@131 on m/ts and ccw rear wheels. :elefant:
GOOD LUCK!!

Talked with Kleeman already....:D ...DC performance is a Kleeman Dist....
will go hit the evosport website now...did you do a catback as well?....

Nice choice on MB truck mike. I've always had something for those galaden wagons when they came out. However, I think I might have something for you when my 500horsie 454 goes in the monte carlo:D

FSTJACK said:
I personally think The G55 is a great vehicle and the beauty of the exterior lies in it function.

The interior is drop dead georgous.

It runs hard, and is easy to get it to 600+ Hp, and goes around corners well.

If my bank account were a little flusher I would love to drive a MB G55AMG. I have thought about an AMG for the past 7 years when I first saw one at the SD auto show. An S55 AMG. Big HP, great handling, and a reasonable ride for a vehicle that handles well.

The beauty of a vehicle like a G55, you are not going to see one on every corner.

It seems to be an exclusive club that is reserved for folks that can appreciate quality, and sophistication, and have the resources to step up.

I would preffer a G55 to an H1 even though I am a buy American kind of guy.

They will not be parked alongside the GMC's or Rangers in everybody's driveway.

I think Mike made a great choice in a multipurpose vehicle that probably fits his lifestyle.

I don't want it to seem like I am taking up for Mike here but it seems to me like some here have been taking cheap shots at Mike for his decision to buy a Benz. And you know who you are.

A very wise man told me his dad's favorite saying was;

"Don't ever pass up a chance to keep your mouth shut."
I think those so called cheap shots were done mostly to just play with Mike like he likes to play. He knows people are just joking around with him.

Nowwhat said:
Talked with Kleeman already....:D ...DC performance is a Kleeman Dist....
will go hit the evosport website now...did you do a catback as well?....

Just the kleeman headers and sec. cat delete. The exhaust on the e55 is pretty free flowing EXCEPT for the manifolds. Their corks, unlike our viper stock manifolds. So nope, I didnt because i didnt want the roar coming out of a four door lux car. I think it WOULD be bad ass on a suv though.:rock: Kleeman has a upgrade johnson pump and even a extra heat exchanger like evosport, but last time i checked they DIDNT seperate the intercooler circuit with the engine coolant and include the additional resavoir. You can understand why its tough to cool air temps with 210 degree engine coolant.:dontknow:
I heard kleemans catback on a r class amg and it sounded awsome! Also dont be afraid of modding that motor, as its all hand built, all forged internals capable of supporting 1000 hp as it is. The new 63 motors are NOT forged pistons so their not as mod friendly. Thats why i picked up the 55. ;) Im glad they kept the 55 motor on the G though, as thats a real heavyweight and needs the torque to get her moving!

sleeper said:
I think those so called cheap shots were done mostly to just play with Mike like he likes to play. He knows people are just joking around with him.

That is probably the case here, my nerves are a little raw lately...........:rock:

Thanks Sleeper....and Jack.....yes the jabs are expected....:D

after the tank the g55 is like cold water after a hot cup of coffee...and it is an unusual vehicle which is why I love it....always wanted one....I will get her some extra hp and confuse corvette and porsche owners...

now I just want to get the exhaust right the first time....not the 5th time....:D ...holy crap based on need4speeds expertise I am going to put headers on this one...:D

Nowwhat said:
Thanks Sleeper....and Jack.....yes the jabs are expected....:D

after the tank the g55 is like cold water after a hot cup of coffee...and it is an unusual vehicle which is why I love it....always wanted one....I will get her some extra hp and confuse corvette and porsche owners...

now I just want to get the exhaust right the first time....not the 5th time....:D ...holy crap based on need4speeds expertise I am going to put headers on this one...:D

Talked to Dan at DC. He is happy to work on the new tank.:rock: :rock: VnmPwrd will also take his G500 to DC as well. I wonder if Dan will become an authorized Mercedes performance shop?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back